Rewind TV - Launches 23rd of May 2024

(22-05-2024, 01:17 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Ooh, that's interesting, Worzel Gummidge Down Under. That's the later version Channel 4 made a few years after the original Southern series ended.

Surprised they've picked up World in Action of all things, I know it was very revolutionary in its time and sort of went round every week looking for a fight, but how does that stand up to a modern audience used to the likes of the Tonight programme and an increasingly fluffy Panorama?

Some of the episodes of World in Action are excellent as historical pieces. It's shows a Britain now long gone.

youtu.be 

This one by John Pilger from 1971 is excellent, but there are many others on Youtube and elsewhere that are well worth watching. I can see them doing well for a certain audience.
[-] The following 2 users Like chinamug's post:
  • Happy2001, Stuart

Hope they show the World in Action about the TV-am strike!

Hope the channel launches on Virgin soon too.

It certainly feels more intended to be an historical snapshot - going by the episodes scheduled in the first couple of weeks, they're leaning towards the more populist end rather than the more major editions that Network put out on DVD some years ago.

So for instance, there's the launch of The Sun, a review of 1964 and an expose of how the music charts worked - although they've also included the famous edition where Matthew Parris (when he was an MP) lived on a £26 benefit for a week.

I have just added Rewind TV to my Freesat box in case they won't launch on a EPG channel there.

For anyone with Freesat who wishes to do the same, frequency is 11802, 22000 5/6 - and it is there but with no name. Just a number, so looks like Freesat isn't on their priority list at the moment.

No sign of Rewind TV this morning on my Sky Amstrad DRX550 digibox. Tried to tune it in via Add Channels the other day and No Signal found. Is it only Sky subscribers that get the channel or anyone with a Sky box, even those from 2005?

(23-05-2024, 08:09 AM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  No sign of Rewind TV this morning on my Sky Amstrad DRX550 digibox. Tried to tune it in via Add Channels the other day and No Signal found. Is it only Sky subscribers that get the channel or anyone with a Sky box, even those from 2005?

Not working for me neither.

I tried adding but not there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(23-05-2024, 08:58 AM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Not working for me neither.

I tried adding but not there

It was there on Freesat add channels, with the frequency I used - there was no name to it, just a channel with numbers, but I chose it and it was Rewind TV

Now on the Sky Q EPG - channel 190. Been there since about 10am this morning. Unsure of exactly when.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

(22-05-2024, 10:27 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have just added Rewind TV to my Freesat box in case they won't launch on a EPG channel there.

For anyone with Freesat who wishes to do the same, frequency is 11802, 22000 5/6 - and it is there but with no name. Just a number, so looks like Freesat isn't on their priority list at the moment.
You've swapped digits - the frequency is 11082. SID is 50327

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(23-05-2024, 10:41 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Now on the Sky Q EPG - channel 190. Been there since about 10am this morning. Unsure of exactly when.
That's about the usual time for channels to appear on Sky's EPG. That's been the case for many years, so I presume there some reason for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • lookoutwales