Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Royal Caribbean Cruises now follow Eurovision on Instagram, so likely to be an announcement of a sponsor.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Really interesting podcast interview from UK delegation lead Lee Smithurst and Will Wilkin (BBC Commissioning Executive for Pop) that I'd recommend checking out

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • ava

Bet you any money petra will be back to present this.
[-] The following 3 users Like ckck1704's post:
  • DE88, DeMarkay, UTVLifer

(10-01-2024, 10:38 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Bet you any money petra will be back to present this.

I really hope so, but it may not happen. Petra is currently working for SVTs rival TV4 and has been doing so since 2018. She's not an SVT face anymore.

Regarding presenters, I suspect SVT will want to move away from the obvious choice of Petra. After watching a lot of last year's Melodifestivalen, Farah Abadi and Jesper Rönndahl seem great fits for the Eurovision gig if they can translate their great presenting style from Swedish to English.
[-] The following 2 users Like JT95's post:
  • Brekkie, chaose

I would bet on Petra and Måns turning up in some capacity during this year's contest, but I do now doubt they SVT will have them hosting again
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • JT95

(11-01-2024, 12:11 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I would bet on Petra and Måns turning up in some capacity during this year's contest, but I do now doubt they SVT will have them hosting again

Tbh they need to move on from Petra and particularly from Måns. They’ve had their time.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • cando, JamieD

Completely agree. Petra is easily the best host of the contest this century but it's time to give someone else the chance to shine. Måns was a good foil for her but as Melodifestivalen shows there are plenty of other options for them.

Not sure if this happened in the years before Liverpool, but the semi-final draw will be shown on iPlayer in the 31st of January.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer

Think it’s the first time that the BBC have decided to show the Semi-Final allocation draw on iPlayer (aside from last year’s being on both BBC Two and iPlayer due to us hosting in Liverpool, of course) - usually if you wanted to watch the allocation draw it would have only been available to stream through the Eurovision website and/or YouTube.
[-] The following 2 users Like jlmiller's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer