UEFA Euro 2024

(13-06-2024, 07:33 PM)harshy Wrote:  Do they have to fly to Australia or is it done from London, I’ve seen Optus and it’s pretty good.

I'm guessing it's a London presentation job, as much in the same way as CBS's Champions League coverage or the former Al-Jazeera Sports channel (Bein Sport today), when it was presented by Gary Lineker.

(13-06-2024, 07:33 PM)harshy Wrote:  Do they have to fly to Australia or is it done from London, I’ve seen Optus and it’s pretty good.

Betty Glover is out in Australia

(08-06-2024, 03:56 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The first week's coverage details has started to emerge from the BBC and ITV.

[snip]

www.bbc.co.uk 

There are a few matches where you can 'watch with Five Live' on the Red Button - presumably where the linear stream isn't already occupied by something else. Not quite sure who that's catering for, other than people who *really* don't want to watch ITV.

(14-06-2024, 06:35 AM)thegeek Wrote:  There are a few matches where you can 'watch with Five Live' on the Red Button - presumably where the linear stream isn't already occupied by something else. Not quite sure who that's catering for, other than people who *really* don't want to watch ITV.

They’re all BBC matches, so an alternative to the BBC TV commentary, no? It’s certainly not in the spirit of the agreement for the BBC to be showing ITV matches behind the red button, no matter the commentary team.

Ah, you're quite right - it'll be the BBC One match with synced Five Live comms. That makes far more sense.

This looks like the view from ITV's studio in Berlin:
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(14-06-2024, 05:43 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Ah, you're quite right - it'll be the BBC One match with synced Five Live comms. That makes far more sense.

This looks like the view from ITV's studio in Berlin:
twitter.com 

Looks like the pre-news preview from Mark Pougatch was from a balcony with a large screen.

Worth noting that the ITVX fast channel and Football Focus last week both used/are using the world feed intro, so I wouldn't be totally shocked if the UK audience has that on live coverage for I think the first time.

Well bespoke fairytale type titles for ITV.

Thought after the last few years there might be the temptation to host from the UK - especially when you have a situation like the opening match in Munich being hosted from Berlin. A shame they can't be in the stadium for the flagship matches.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, thomash79

(14-06-2024, 06:32 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Well bespoke fairytale type titles for ITV.

A lot of thought went into that considering the Brothers Grimm were German and a lot of famous fairytales are from Germany.
There's also a reference to German classical music with the scene of a footballer playing the violin.

Impressive titles, open studio and backdrop from ITV! Great to see a proper studio rather than a virtual mish-mash! Was the theme tune sampling from the 1984 film The NeverEnding Story?

Are ITV copying the UEFA graphics as they usually do in these large tournaments? They probably are, grey coloured.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, thomash79

(14-06-2024, 06:32 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Well bespoke fairytale type titles for ITV.

Thought after the last few years there might be the temptation to host from the UK - especially when you have a situation like the opening match in Munich being hosted from Berlin. A shame they can't be in the stadium for the flagship matches.

You spoke too soon, as Laura Woods in at the stadium

The theme music seemed a bit quiet and pleasant rather than something that will become a catchy hook into every ad break
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie