ITV News

Although it’s always fashionable to hate on London, I don’t exactly think it’s unreasonable for a country’s major news broadcasts to come from their capital city.

The BBC have done their “walkabout” bulletins fairly often, and all broadcasters get out of London when covering major stories.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, London Lite

I remember when ITV News decamped to Leeds because of power issues at Grays Inn Road and I suspect if it wasn't for us pres enthusiasts, average viewers wouldn't have noticed that it used the Calendar studio.

While I think it's important to keep a news presence in London for covering Westminster, as long as you can attract talent to any other British city, it really doesn't matter if it comes from Salford, Leeds or Glasgow as long as the quality of the journalism remains.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, Ben Shatliff, UTVLifer

Slightly odd to have tonight's late bulletin with the News at Ten format but generic branding.

(04-06-2024, 11:34 PM)Andrew R Wrote:  Slightly odd to have tonight's late bulletin with the News at Ten format but generic branding.

I guess they felt it wasn’t quite right branding it as such when it didn’t start till 23:10.

I get they needed/wanted to do the other leaders interviews, but felt a bit strange to keep Tom outside Media City for such a late bulletin. Couldn’t they have just aired News at Ten straight after the debate?
[-] The following 4 users Like Ash101's post:
  • AndrewP, Ben Shatliff, Stuart, UTVLifer

(05-06-2024, 02:17 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I guess they felt it wasn’t quite right branding it as such when it didn’t start till 23:10.

I get they needed/wanted to do the other leaders interviews, but felt a bit strange to keep Tom outside Media City for such a late bulletin. Couldn’t they have just aired News at Ten straight after the debate?

I think the other leaders interviews had to take priority on this night

Please correct me if I’m weird, but tonight’s evening news was the first co-presented programme since Mark left with Lucrezia on location and Gamal in the studio. It definitely works better like this, unclear why they have decided this approach today vs yesterday where Gamal read all non election news from Media City

In contrast, The women’s World Cup final last year had Lucrezia on location with Mary in the studio but was only announced and credited with Mary.

Time to bring back a second co-presenter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eli22's post:
  • GMc

Why was Lucrezia on location?

I do prefer episodes anchored on location to have someone in the studio for the other headlines, and as they generally have someone there in case the line goes down it's more an editorial choice rather than cost choice not to have someone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • GMc

(06-06-2024, 12:08 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Why was Lucrezia on location?
To answer that question, this week it's the 80th Anniversary of the D-day invasion, that is why there were special reports for this occasion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamieMurph25's post:
  • Brekkie

Thanks - that might explain why they felt it necessary to do the other news elsewhere, especially the election coverage.