ITV News

Jon Snow possibly the longest on one programme - around the 30 year mark.

Not sure when Trevor actually became a regular presenter for the ITV bulletins - he had a stint at C4 News in the 80s but I think in that period they used people who also presented the ITN bulletins.

(19-06-2024, 09:10 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure when Trevor actually became a regular presenter for the ITV bulletins - he had a stint at C4 News in the 80s but I think in that period they used people who also presented the ITN bulletins.

I tend to wonder that myself considering he was only part of a rotating team of newscasters on both the 540 and NaT around the turn of the 90s.

Think it was only really with the Year Zero relaunch of NaT in November 1992 that he was finally being promoted as a main anchor in his own right (in much the same vein that, say, John Suchet became the main Early Evening News anchor around the same time)
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

1992-2005 as main anchor of NaT with a couple of years on the Early Evening 99-Jan 01 betwen NaT being axed and resurrected.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, lookoutwales

Interesting to see an interview taking place on News at Ten tonight in the ITV News studio in all of its natural green glory. And to think they’ve been pretty protective in the past to not highlight the studio is fake.

Something I noticed before the item as well which I’m not sure I have noticed before or not is that on some of the screens in the backdrop are an array of all of the old titles of News at Ten over the years.
[-] The following 9 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, chevron, James, JosiahStuart, London Lite, Mixdown, Stuart, UTVLifer

Today’s Lunchtime News came from the newsroom studio. Wonder if it’s election rehearsals or updates to the normal studio?
[-] The following 3 users Like W1ll's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, UTVLifer

Looked great - almost a real version of their virtual set though presumably the backdrop behind the newsreader a screen.

Not the best screengrab, but it did look good in that studio. The background did look quite real from this angle and a new minidesk.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 6 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, lookoutwales, Stuart, TVFan, Worzel

I wonder if the Evening News will come from there or it was just for the Lunchtime News.

I watched the afternoon news update on ITVX, and Nina's introduction to the update came from the newsroom studio as well.

Most certainly down to rehearsals in Studio 1 and so they are in the newsroom, and thankfully they have the newsroom studio, as Studio 2 is used by 5 News and Jeremy Vine Show and Studio 6 for Channel 4 News, unlike BBC News, they don't have much alternative studios to use when needed at Grays Inn Road.

I wonder if the news desk in Studio 1 will be enlarged, and a seating area created for election night, as they have done before?