Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(06-05-2024, 04:54 PM)AverageOrangeTurnip Wrote:  I'm watching BBC News and during an interview at 1650, the presenter interrupted a contributor commenting on floods in Brazil. The reason for the interruption? Saying goodbye to viewers around the world. Within seconds, the contributor was asked to continue her story - but this amassed quite a perplexed face as she didn't know what was happening. I really want to stick with BBC News, but when things like this happen it just makes it look quite sloppy. And this isn't anything against the staff working on the channel; it's just a shame this is what is left.

Unfortunately this does happen from time to time when in the middle of an interview, BBC News has to say goodbye to viewers watching on a particular channel, i.e. World or BBC2. The presenter would inform the interviewee that this is "something technical" which they are doing, but I do wish that shouldn't conduct interviews with someone when they know a particular party will not see the full interview.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

Presumably tonight will be the final night that The Context will have the London backdrop if it's in E from tomorrow.

It's never been explained why The Context kept it's London backdrop with the relaunch a year ago, which is about the only thing about C that I'll miss. The London skyline daytime backdrop on World News (that NC viewers only ever got to see 5 - 6am up until 2020) was always so much better than the newsroom backdrops they've used since 2020.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • interestednovice, LTNewslover

(06-05-2024, 04:54 PM)AverageOrangeTurnip Wrote:  I'm watching BBC News and during an interview at 1650, the presenter interrupted a contributor commenting on floods in Brazil. The reason for the interruption? Saying goodbye to viewers around the world. Within seconds, the contributor was asked to continue her story - but this amassed quite a perplexed face as she didn't know what was happening. I really want to stick with BBC News, but when things like this happen it just makes it look quite sloppy. And this isn't anything against the staff working on the channel; it's just a shame this is what is left.
It's one of the many flaws in the channel that are so obvious, fixable and avoidable that it is genuinely incredible that they made it on air and became part of the way things are done. Like with the way they deal with ad breaks on the UK feed, the first time you see it you instantly come up with three better ways of doing things in your head. It's just emblematic of the clear lacking of planning and thought that went into the merger.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85

(06-05-2024, 06:29 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Presumably tonight will be the final night that The Context will have the London backdrop if it's in E from tomorrow.

It's never been explained why The Context kept it's London backdrop with the relaunch a year ago, which is about the only thing about C that I'll miss. The London skyline daytime backdrop on World News (that NC viewers only ever got to see 5 - 6am up until 2020) was always so much better than the newsroom backdrops they've used since 2020.

Do we know for sure that only studio E will be used from tomorrow?

It's been assumed that it may be tomorrow due to the rebranding of the business programmes.
I have a feeling it may be later in the month due to some of the returning presenters who have been involved in the pilots stating they will be back later in the month.

Breakfast used to do this all the time. It shouldn't be too difficult to schedule interviews so they don't cross the opt out points, but it feels like production doesn't care about such details anymore.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85

(06-05-2024, 07:05 PM)South Wrote:  It's been assumed that it may be tomorrow due to the rebranding of the business programmes.
I have a feeling it may be later in the month due to some of the returning presenters who have been involved in the pilots stating they will be back later in the month.

I think it’s safe to say it’s tomorrow. I reckon at noon.

Reminds me of Dateline London…!

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

It's a sad state of affairs when you don't expect very much from the BBC News channel these days - no point getting excited about relaunches when you know the replacements are half-hearted and design-wise will just be more plain, uninspired red and white circles; no point in getting excited about studios when they continue as they are with no sense of innovation; no point in getting excited about the content when the execution - such as the continuously botched, awkward moments discussed above - is jagged and un-viewer friendly. Where is the pride in the output any more?
[-] The following 2 users Like Reith85's post:
  • ACTV, chrisherald

QR code on screen again - it's as if they're admitting what they're delivering on screen isn't giving viewers what they need to know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

(06-05-2024, 07:16 PM)Moz Wrote:  I think it’s safe to say it’s tomorrow. I reckon at noon.

Reminds me of Dateline London…!

Why the BBC News and "breaking" is two times on the screen, why so much screen space for the QR bar, why the solid red?

This graphic package started so well on 2019, and they completely ruined it into this mess.
[-] The following 9 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, kookaburra, LDN, Reith85, Rolling News, UTVLifer
Thread Closed