ITV News

No, I think they’re only producing desk tote bags and hoodies this year.
[-] The following 17 users Like Joe's post:
  • Adam Till, AndrewP, Ash101, bkman1990, Brekkie, Bungo Bill, EastCoast, interestednovice, James, Johnnie, QuinnTFP, thegeek, thePineapple, UTVLifer, VMPhil, W1ll, what

(02-07-2024, 11:58 AM)W1ll Wrote:  Anyone got any caps of the new desk?

George Osborne has posted a handy tweet with what the new desk looks like. I think it looks quite nice personally.

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • Ash101, bkman1990, Brekkie, eyeTV, fanoftv, interestednovice, mark, Stuart

The green screen gives ITV News the chance to create a very distinct backdrop - but, shall we guess it will simply be a tweak of the backdrop used in 2015, 2017 and 2019?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • interestednovice

What an absolute mess that desk is. Poorly designed and doesn’t look good at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • mouseboy33

I don't mind it for the election, though I can't help but wonder if it'll feel crowded on the night with three people either side of Tom
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • interestednovice

It looks better than the last effort and suspect will look better on screen. I tend to watch ITV anyway (they usually get results quicker than the BBC) but for me it's the most appealing option this year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chevron, DeMarkay, lookoutwales, UTVLifer

Here is what the set looks like when 'lit up'. It actually doesn't look too bad.

x.com 

Hmmm. Its alright. Well i think it could have been a little more interesting. Particularly the main shot behind centre camera. It closely resembles the zombie-apocalypse empty gallery shot they use normally. A stylized image of the Westminster or something more interesting rather than just putting it into a side image on some boxes on the "wall". As far as presentation goes, its not for me. Especially when they could have "virtually" done anything since its a VR set. Oh well. All the best to them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • interestednovice

It may have been better to green screen the front of the desk and use it more interestingly to show some data etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice, xlalonce

I did think last week that the host standing at a podium would work better for bulletins from the newsroom studio and with Nina doing just that last night it absolutely did. It's a great space and although small it was utilised well last night.