Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

Persian TV hours extended today until at least 11pm UK time. Potential studio change for Newsnight tomorrow if this story continues.
[-] The following 6 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Moz, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer

(19-05-2024, 06:45 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Persian TV hours extended today until at least 11pm UK time. Potential studio change for Newsnight tomorrow if this story continues.
I guess C would be the most likely studio to relocate to, assuming the set and equipment haven't been decommissioned.

I suppose it does argue the case for refurbishing A or C, rather than potentially having two reasonably good studios (albeit needing an update) going unused.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(20-05-2024, 10:49 AM)Keith Wrote:  I guess C would be the most likely studio to relocate to, assuming the set and equipment haven't been decommissioned.

I suppose it does argue the case for refurbishing A or C, rather than potentially having two reasonably good studios (albeit needing an update) going unused.

It depends how Newsnight’s new discussion format will work. How much is in-studio guests? C could get quite cramped.

A bit of a switcheroo today, Lucy Hockings is presenting the News At One whilst Annita McVeigh is anchoring BBC News Now.
[-] The following 7 users Like LTNewslover's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, Rhys j, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(20-05-2024, 01:25 PM)LTNewslover Wrote:  A bit of a switcheroo today, Lucy Hockings is presenting the News At One whilst Annita McVeigh is anchoring BBC News Now.

I think the bigger surprise is the Ben Thompson and Sally Bundock swap earlier. Must be several years since Sally appeared in any slot other than the 5am.
[-] The following 10 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, interestednovice, LTNewslover, oscillon, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

(20-05-2024, 01:25 PM)LTNewslover Wrote:  A bit of a switcheroo today, Lucy Hockings is presenting the News At One whilst Annita McVeigh is anchoring BBC News Now.

This is speculation, but could this be that they're practicing BBC News Now in studio B. As many people have mentioned it's not being used much currently!

With news at 1 moving to Salford, it would make sense to possibly make use of audio B. Plus I'm sure they can run it with a similar number of staff to Studio E?

Nevertheless I'd like to see some different presenting styles and methods between these branded shows, and using Studio B would be a great opportunity to do that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rhys j's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, LTNewslover

Don’t think I’ve seen Lucy do a BBC one bulletin before? Might be new terms for the returning presenters to only present on the news channel.

Is the rolling coverage of the Blood Inquiry just going out in the UK?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • UTVLifer

(20-05-2024, 02:56 PM)Chud Wrote:  Don’t think I’ve seen Lucy do a BBC one bulletin before? Might be new terms for the returning presenters to only present on the news channel.

Only time I recall her presenting a BBC One bulliten was an edition of the One in the week between Christmas and New Year last year (although I think it was part of a news channel shift that week anyway). I don't recall her popping up before or since.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, Chud, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(20-05-2024, 02:55 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  This is speculation, but could this be that they're practicing BBC News Now in studio B. As many people have mentioned it's not being used much currently!

With news at 1 moving to Salford, it would make sense to possibly make use of audio B. Plus I'm sure they can run it with a similar number of staff to Studio E?

Nevertheless I'd like to see some different presenting styles and methods between these branded shows, and using Studio B would be a great opportunity to do that.

I don't think the news channel will move to B as it requires more staffing. Lucy was probably covering whilst rehearsals take place in Salford with the normal rotad presenting team. I imagine we may get some stand ins over the next couple of weeks.
[-] The following 4 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer
Thread Closed