BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I assume none of the regions had an announcement with Lucy's name ready to go?

(20-05-2024, 07:37 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I assume none of the regions had an announcement with Lucy's name ready to go?

They had one, in a non standard voice, here in Yorkshire

I think Lucy has done the One at least once before

(20-05-2024, 07:37 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I assume none of the regions had an announcement with Lucy's name ready to go?

They do the announcement live don't they? Or record them on the day, therefore why wouldn't they announce her name?

Studio C being used for a UK opt-out
[-] The following 3 users Like arbrax's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon

I notice Studio C was back in use again just before 11am with Samantha Simmonds. Was this just on the UK feed? Sarah Campbell was in studio E before and after then.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, UTVLifer

(21-05-2024, 11:24 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  I notice Studio C was back in use again just before 11am with Samantha Simmonds. Was this just on the UK feed? Sarah Campbell was in studio E before and after then.

It will have been the UK feed... some tech work going on in A at the moment.
[-] The following 9 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, MLehon, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Interesting, great as always to hear from our resident insider here!

Is A being upgraded to allow for it to be used as a Studio in it’s own right again, perhaps with NC UK playout moving to Red Bee, or is it something else?

I will understand and respect if you can’t say yet, of course.

Well, if Studio C can be used for the UK opt-outs, i hope that they stay there. It wouldn`t make sense to switch to a virtual studio like Studio A.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

(21-05-2024, 02:36 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  Well, if Studio C can be used for the UK opt-outs, i hope that they stay there. It wouldn`t make sense to switch to a virtual studio like Studio A.

I think the balcony ‘studio’ is now called studio A. I’ve assumed virtual studio A has been mothballed as haven’t seen it in over a year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, thePineapple

(20-05-2024, 09:50 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  They do the announcement live don't they? Or record them on the day, therefore why wouldn't they announce her name?

Live in the Nations, pre recorded in the Regions.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice