Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

The music (a BBC Election theme) in the montage at the end of the 10 was also completely butchered - it jumped randomly back and forth throughout with absolutely no attempt to edit on time with the beat or at an appropriate point in the track. Just checked iPlayer for the montage they used at the end of the 6 and although different it suffered from the same issue. It’s almost as if they rendered the file, decided the montage was too long and then just hacked random chunks out with no regard for how it sounded. Very shoddy and completely not up to standard.
[-] The following 2 users Like Critique's post:
  • chrisherald, harryb

(22-05-2024, 10:58 PM)RDJ Wrote:  That'll be so World don't see the UK Weather forecast and the throw to the regions. But yes.... clunky. Why World can't just opt out early is anyones guess.

The World feed of the news channel didn’t show the BBC News at Ten. They showed BBC World News America and Hardtalk.

Well the London backdrop is back on the Context, its literally gone back in time for the World feed.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald

Don't know if this is just me, but BBC News Channel on my Virgin Media box is suffering from a lot of digital video glitches, and has been for a few days. Anybody else having this problem?

I love Chase & Status... but why on earth is the BBC News app pushing a notification about this?
ibb.co 

Why is BBC News reporting on everything that's happening at a music festival, with a live page on the BBC News website?
ibb.co 

Why would anyone be reading a BBC News live blog about how awesome the acts are, instead of just listening on BBC Sounds or watching on iPlayer?

And how exactly is this news?
[-] The following 17 users Like LDN's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chris, chrisherald, itsrobert, Jeff, JJJJ, LargelyALurker, Ma76, Moz, Omnipresent, Rxtx, strollfan, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, TVFan, UTVLifer

(24-05-2024, 10:38 PM)LDN Wrote:  I love Chase & Status... but why on earth is the BBC News app pushing a notification about this?
ibb.co 
The app has two notification categories, 'Breaking News' and 'Top Stories'. I'm guessing that notification comes under the latter category. I do think what counts as a top story is slightly dubious at times.

I turned the 'Top Stories' notifications off, after someone on this forum told me about the different categories.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

(25-05-2024, 08:15 AM)Keith Wrote:  The app has two notification categories, 'Breaking News' and 'Top Stories'. I'm guessing that notification comes under the latter category. I do think what counts as a top story is slightly dubious at times.

I turned the 'Top Stories' notifications off, after someone on this forum told me about the different categories.

I believe that’s only an option on the Android app, not on iOS.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chrisherald, LDN

Different position being used in the sport updates in Studio 1 at the moment, using the tower on the other side of the studio with the catwalk screen as the backdrop.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Arguably, I think I prefer this position to the usual tower with the newsroom backdrop behind the presenter.
[-] The following 7 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, AverageOrangeTurnip, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, PJamo, UTVLifer

Martine is back on the news channel from 11am!
x.com 

(26-05-2024, 10:21 AM)Universal_r Wrote:  Martine is back on the news channel from 11am!
x.com 

And she’s brought her iron with her!
[-] The following 8 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, Ma76, SuperSajuuk
Thread Closed