Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

Could that smile have been any bigger, great to see her back on screen
[-] The following 10 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, interestednovice, Ma76, MLehon, Moz, News76, Reith85, SuperSajuuk

Martine's also wearing a very familiar necklace. It's the one she had to remove amidst breaking the news on the Duke of Edinburgh's death.
[-] The following 9 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, Ma76, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

(26-05-2024, 11:26 AM)RDJ Wrote:  Martine's also wearing a very familiar necklace. It's the one she had to remove amidst breaking the news on the Duke of Edinburgh's death.

I thought I recognised it but couldn't remember where
[-] The following 5 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, UTVLifer

It is great to have her back. Her voice sounded a bit emotional during the headlines/intro.

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Ma76, Radio_man, Reith85

overrated hype in my opinion. Never thought much of her as a presenter. Nothing against her personally though.

That tweet though, very cringe.
[-] The following 2 users Like damian's post:
  • JayCasey, zzStudioKSBJ

Nice to have a grown up back in charge Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Juicy Joe, Ma76

(26-05-2024, 11:53 AM)damian Wrote:  overrated hype in my opinion. Never thought much of her as a presenter. Nothing against her personally though.

That tweet though, very cringe.

She was widely commended for how she handled the Paris theatre attack but I think her popularity is down to the personable manner in which she presents. She also handles tech issues like an absolute pro.

Combine all that with well timed wit and I can see why she is popular.

(26-05-2024, 11:29 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It is great to have her back. Her voice sounded a bit emotional during the headlines/intro.

i.postimg.cc 

So they've put joint feed back in the Studio C for the weekends as well... why?

Is the employment tribunal all concluded? Seems strange (or cynical) to bring Martine back while that is going on.

(26-05-2024, 12:25 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Is the employment tribunal all concluded? Seems strange (or cynical) to bring Martine back while that is going on.

The tribunal is not until 2025, as far as the BBC are concerned their internal review is completed, so there is no sense to keeping her or the other presenters off air any longer.
[-] The following 4 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76
Thread Closed