Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

UK getting extra coverage tonight with Martine at 19.00 and 23.00 plus a look at papers, as she hinted on Twitter.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bai4943, interestednovice, Reith85, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 08:41 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  UK getting extra coverage tonight with Martine at 19.00 and 23.00 plus a look at papers, as she hinted on Twitter.

Loved the way Martine Croxall introduced the programme at 23:05 after Newsnight, including reference to the newspaper preview, and her saying "Sound familiar?".
[-] The following 5 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Ma76, RDJ, UTVLifer

Did love Martine's "sounds familiar?" about the newspaper review.

It also seems she is operating her own autocue with a remote control in her hand. I do miss the UK News Channel, especially at 11pm which I used to watch regularly before the changes. However with the ugly permanent red strap, it's still too distracting for me to regularly return to watching Martine at 11pm, even if there is a "familar" newspaper review(!)
[-] The following 6 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, kookaburra, Ma76, oscillon, UTVLifer

If anyone was going to fluff the script for the papers, it was going to be Martine. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76, UTVLifer

It's nice that they've retained the "animating" front page graphics from the old 'The Papers' as Martine went through the front pages. A shame that this is only a temporary reprieve for the papers, even if it is only a brief look at the front pages and nothing else.
[-] The following 4 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, LDN, Ma76

(28-05-2024, 11:31 PM)RDJ Wrote:  Did love Martine's "sounds familiar?" about the newspaper review.

It also seems she is operating her own autocue with a remote control in her hand. I do miss the UK News Channel, especially at 11pm which I used to watch regularly before the changes. However with the ugly permanent red strap, it's still too distracting for me to regularly return to watching Martine at 11pm, even if there is a "familar" newspaper review(!)

I have to say it’s still fairly shocking that an organisation like the BBC can’t run to having an autocue operator on the news channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 11:45 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I have to say it’s still fairly shocking that an organisation like the BBC can’t run to having an autocue operator on the news channel.

Autocue Operators aren’t actually that cheap… especially good ones and when you add up how many people you’d need to staff the entire weekly rota 24/7 and cover meal breaks on shift, overnights and holiday leave.

ITV Daytime were looking operators earlier this year - I will leave this bit of their job description here.

Hiring range: £45,000 - £48,000 (part time equivalent £22,500 - £24,000)

Admittedly not exactly the same output, but you get the idea.
[-] The following 7 users Like peterrocket's post:
  • AndrewP, cando, chrisherald, interestednovice, London Lite, Ma76, Stuart

£45k that’s pretty good I will have a go at applying.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, Ash101, interestednovice

Any update on how the 1 will look yet? Not seen anything… I would’ve thought there’d be some kind of announcement/press release about the upcoming changes… 👀
[-] The following 5 users Like markhamblett's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, TVHead

It’s sooo nice to have the old news channel back!

Hope this current setup continues after the election period.
[-] The following 13 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, MLehon, Nige, PatrZDZ, Reith85, RhysJR, thePineapple, TVHead, UTVLifer
Thread Closed