Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(30-05-2024, 12:52 PM)Joe Wrote:  It’s unlike you to be so hyperbolic.
I aim to please when adding to the discussion. Angel

My only concern now is that I may have given an idea to one of the bean counters in London. Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

Could be worse. At least they never subjected the One to the PowerPoint circles....yet.
[-] The following 10 users Like Renap's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, Jayesyn, Jeff, Lec_Ver16, Ma76, PJamo, Stuart, UTVLifer

Jon and Sally will present the One but not Charlie and Naga?
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • chrisherald, PJamo

(30-05-2024, 01:08 PM)JK08 Wrote:  Disappointed by the sofa. You’d think swapping it out for a desk wouldn’t have been too hard?

I'm just guessing here, but seeing as the dais rotates is it possible that the sofa and the coffee table are permanently fixed to it?

Detaching and reattaching them each day to swap out for a desk might be seen as too much additional work / too likely to lead to either the dais, desk legs or coffee table breaking down than if they were left in position.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PJamo's post:
  • chrisherald

(30-05-2024, 01:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  Jon and Sally will present the One but not Charlie and Naga?

Not sure about Charlie, but presumably Naga already has her hands full with Breakfast and her Radio 5 Live programme.

(30-05-2024, 11:12 AM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s basically going to be BBC Breakfast at lunchtime, with lighter weight presenters and more human interest features

Who would have imagined that the One would be presented from a sofa

It's insulting to suggest that the people fronting the revamped One are somehow second-rate presenters compared to their counterparts.

They’re not lighter weight presenters.
They just present a non news bulletin just now.

I’m sure they’ll cope just fine with some straighter news.

Much a furore about nothing
[-] The following 2 users Like GraemeT88's post:
  • MLehon, SpacewardAsh

Reeta saying that she’ll be up in Salford too from time to time…

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, SpacewardAsh, TVfan23, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 01:45 PM)Chud Wrote:  Jon and Sally will present the One but not Charlie and Naga?

Naga has her 11am-1pm 5 Live show from on the weekdays when she's not presenting Breakfast, so I don't think we'll see her presenting the One very often, if at all
[-] The following 9 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Chud, interestednovice, Jeff, MLehon, PJamo, SlimyTrain, Toby brown

(30-05-2024, 11:28 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Switching to the BBC News pre-dominantly white colour scheme really does suck all the life out of that studio. It looks great in Breakfast mode but like Studio B becomes a bit soulless once it becomes a mass of white and grey.

Sorry but I think that the studio looks a lot better dressed as BBC News than it does as Breakfast. Looks clean and slick
[-] The following 11 users Like damian's post:
  • AndrewP, AverageOrangeTurnip, bkman1990, chrisherald, gladular, interestednovice, Jayesyn, London Lite, MLehon, Spencer, TVHead
Thread Closed