Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

The problem I have with this studio, is that they seem to be using a newsroom shot projecting on to the walls, but not using the actual window out into a real newsroom. I am imagine this might be because of the angles, but does seem odd.
[-] The following 3 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(30-05-2024, 11:41 AM)TVfan23 Wrote:  Presumably Clive and Reeta will cease to present the 1 and effectively become the main anchors of the Ten (which they pretty much do now anyway). Hopefully they've found a place for Jane Hill on the 6/10/weekends as well.

Jane staying on the 6/10/weekends per Twitter (x.com )
[-] The following 9 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, interestednovice, Ma76, Moz, TVfan23, UTVLifer

I think it's safe to say given the team approach to the 1pm bulletin that they'll stick with that for the 6 and 10 too rather than naming a dedicated anchor. We do seem to have gone from have a named host and regular stand in for each bulletin to 10-12 faces now being attached to them. Not sure if that is in the best interests of the viewers.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, House, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 04:01 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think it's safe to say given the team approach to the 1pm bulletin that they'll stick with that for the 6 and 10 too rather than naming a dedicated anchor. We do seem to have gone from have a named host and regular stand in for each bulletin to 10-12 faces now being attached to them. Not sure if that is in the best interests of the viewers.

It’s very different to ITV where there are very fixed presenters for bulletins. You don’t get Mary or Charlene on News at Ten / Julie or Tom on Evening News.

To me, ITV’s strategy makes the bulletins feel distinct.
[-] The following 7 users Like chris's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, itsrobert, Ma76, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 11:12 AM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s basically going to be BBC Breakfast at lunchtime, with lighter weight presenters

Were you not complaining last week about the cost of sending London based presenters to Salford Big Grin
Now the North based presenters are inferior....
[-] The following 2 users Like cando's post:
  • chrisherald, Reith85

Are they serious network news with a sofa surely not
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, Tardisrotor

(30-05-2024, 05:59 PM)harshy Wrote:  Are they serious network news with a sofa surely not

I agree. Call me old fashioned but to me a news bulletin should be from a desk. But I hope the 1 has some archive footage tomorrow
[-] The following 4 users Like Tardisrotor's post:
  • chrisherald, harshy, interestednovice, mouseboy33

Still haven't got used to those bright red straps on the news channel. Saw it on a screen on the other side of a large room earlier and there was a clip of The X Factor with what I first thought was a big breaking news strap so I wondered who'd died before remembering those are just the regular graphics these days.

Fingers crossed that changes when they're next updated which should hopefully be fairly soon, if I remember right there was a mention of 16:9-safe graphics in the pipeline.
[-] The following 5 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, interestednovice, Ma76

I personally don't have any problem with the news presented on a sofa. 24 years ago Breakfast switched from being Breakfast News sitting behind a desk to sofa presentation. There was a little bit of resistance at the time but now it's accepted. I don't see the news at one being anything different.

I do find it interesting they have removed the video from x and the press release, I am guessing they decided something didn't quite work and are making some changes.
[-] The following 3 users Like South's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, SpacewardAsh

I was a bit surprised at them going with a sofa. I couldn’t imagine Anna Ford doing the news from anything but a desk but times change and I think the 1 news hour will do quite well.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Tardisrotor
Thread Closed