Thread Closed

Pick to become Sky Mix

I'd like at least one of their main channels to have light blue or a shade of that and the turquoise.

Sky Max would be better off with these colors rather than what they're currently using, there's too an overlap with Sky Showcase (and now also Sky Mix), but I realize they don't because it'd recall Sky One too much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(05-10-2023, 09:39 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Also shows that they're not going down the stylised 'x' route that Sky Sports Mix uses.
More likely Sky Sports Mix will be replaced by Sky Sports Tennis or something else

Sky Mix could give Game of Thrones its free to air debut. A sort of last opportunity to Burn off the rights before deals expire in 2025.

Also with that in mind, Given that WBD Max potentially launching in 2025 and the Sky branded channel Sky Max existing, one wonders if they are planning to establish a new general entertainment brand in a few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(05-10-2023, 09:36 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  Also here's the channel logo for those curious.
They're keeping the purple, though in a more neon-ish shade closer to that of its sister channel Sky Max.
[Image: Sky_Mix_2023.png]
I thought they would stick with the purple. That logo looks rather nice. I can't wait to see the idents, although I will miss the cat from the Pick idents!  Tongue

I think the styled 'x' on Sky Sports Mix is a legacy from the original 'Sky Sports Xtra' channel which I think became Sky Sports 4 as a regular channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, Edogawa Ranpo, insert_good_username_here, Jeff

(05-10-2023, 09:43 PM)Kunst Wrote:  I'd like at least one of their main channels to have light blue or a shade of that and the turquoise.

Sky Max would be better off with these colors rather than what they're currently using, there's too an overlap with Sky Showcase (and now also Sky Mix), but I realize they don't because it'd recall Sky One too much.
That's Sky Replay's colour.
[Image: SKYREPLAY.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

(05-10-2023, 09:19 PM)Rex Wrote:  Pick has finally resized its DOG in the correct position but it also immediately switches to a Sky Mix DOG with a tagline 'Relaunching 18th October'.

That “relaunching” line is pretty much impossible to read in SD on Freeview for me.

(06-10-2023, 05:22 PM)gottago Wrote:  That “relaunching” line is pretty much impossible to read in SD on Freeview for me.

It's just as bad on Sky Q/Freesat which is also 544x576.

Looks Awful in SD but is lovely and Crisp in HD on Sky Glass/Sky Stream.

I’m intrigued as to what Sky’s sudden motivation to rebrand the channel is. 

They’ve seemed happy enough to leave the channel alone and use it as to show Monkey Life, Stargate and cop shows on repeat for the past 10 years (the Premier Legaue games during Covid aside). Freeview isn’t exactly booming at the minute and Sky seem to have a decent line-up of channels already, so it’s not as if Sky Mix is plugging any sort of gap.
[-] The following 2 users Like F4C's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

I suspect it's probably more about Sky Arts perhaps losing advertisers and Sky looking to maximise the revenue in the channel 11 slot.

Like so many new Freeview channels over the year Sky Arts was a fantastic addition at first offering lots of content new to Freeview viewers and a bit of investment for new content across the board too - but then after a year or so you see the schedule becoming more repetitive and seemingly less new content, certainly in terms of performances, seeming to show up.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisdafur, Jeff, UTVLifer
Thread Closed