BBC/ITV Midlands News

Was EMT in a temporary studio a few weeks before MT? Just trying to guess when the new studio will start?

Also is EMT now in proper HD or upscale on Sky Glass etc?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lester's post:
  • Superman1986

(24-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Lester Wrote:  Was EMT in a temporary studio a few weeks before MT? Just trying to guess when the new studio will start?

February MT’s studio will start

(24-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Lester Wrote:  Was EMT in a temporary studio a few weeks before MT? Just trying to guess when the new studio will start?

I think Nottingham moved to their temporary set about 3 weeks before Birmingham. So, if they're following the same timescale, about another week and a half maybe?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil's post:
  • Superman1986

Breaking political news this morning and Politics Midlands is talking about something that has now happened. This is a good reason why recorded news isn't a good idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lester's post:
  • Superman1986

I’ve just had a look and they did put up a caption saying “Politics Midlands was recorded on Friday” throughout the Nadhim Zahawi section

Pretty poor that they discussed something likely to be fast moving on a pre recorded show
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Pips2022, Rijowhi, Superman1986

(29-01-2023, 11:12 AM)Lester Wrote:  Breaking political news this morning and Politics Midlands is talking about something that has now happened. This is a good reason why recorded news isn't a good idea.

In this circumstance, I’d agree it’s not a good idea recording it two days early when there’s a fast moving story being covered.

But I certainly wouldn’t condemn all pre-recorded news based on this instance. When recording close to broadcast it can deliver a cost-effective way of providing a service which otherwise wouldn’t be financially viable, such as ITV’s sub-regional news. Personally I think this benefit vastly outweighs any rare drawbacks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Pips2022, Rijowhi

The sub regional news is different in that they can bail out of the pre-record and go live pan-regionally if required

(29-01-2023, 11:26 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I’ve just had a look and they did put up a caption saying “Politics Midlands was recorded on Friday” throughout the Nadhim Zahawi section

Pretty poor that they discussed something likely to be fast moving on a pre recorded show

The overlay didn't work well.

[Image: 01_29%20-%2010_00_00%20-%20Politics%20Mi...29_235.jpg]

Midlands Today really does need to return to the studio soon.

An office phone was constantly ringing loudly in the background this evening whilst Mary was talking. That combined with the rabble of people you hear in the office on their lunch during the lunchtime bulletins is wearing thin.

Hopefully next week is the week.
[-] The following 4 users Like RDJ's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986, UTVLifer

How long have Midlands Today been using the 2008 headlines bed for? I happen to quite like it, but seems strange that they’d dig it out after all these years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • Superman1986