(11-02-2023, 12:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  That's Amara and that's the first time Sanchez has ever anchored with her from Atlanta since she got the gig. 

He only anchored once, twice at a push when Christi was his co-anchor and one of those occasions was when she left CNN.
Amara it is indeed, even the lower third caption says so!

The most recent case of him co-anchoring from the same studio is indeed not with Amara but with Whitney Wild back in September, and it was not Atlanta but DC. Amara co-anchored from the same studio in November, when Boris was off, with Martin Savidge. So yes, this is indeed their first case of co-anchoring from the same studio.

Interestingly, when one of the morning weekend presenters is on location, usually it is Boris, not Amara.

(11-02-2023, 07:35 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(11-02-2023, 12:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  That's Amara and that's the first time Sanchez has ever anchored with her from Atlanta since she got the gig. 

He only anchored once, twice at a push when Christi was his co-anchor and one of those occasions was when she left CNN.
Amara it is indeed, even the lower third caption says so!

The most recent case of him co-anchoring from the same studio is indeed not with Amara but with Whitney Wild back in September, and it was not Atlanta but DC. Amara co-anchored from the same studio in November, when Boris was off, with Martin Savidge. So yes, this is indeed their first case of co-anchoring from the same studio.

Interestingly, when one of the morning weekend presenters is on location, usually it is Boris, not Amara.

I'm sorry, but can you slowly explain your last message because apart from the obvious as stated it makes no sense.

For clarity - Boris Sanchez has only ever anchored from Atlanta on TWO possibly THREE known occasions.

(11-02-2023, 07:49 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(11-02-2023, 07:35 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Amara it is indeed, even the lower third caption says so!

I'm sorry, but can you slowly explain your last message because apart from the obvious as stated it makes no sense.

For clarity - Boris Sanchez has only ever anchored from Atlanta on TWO possibly THREE known occasions.

It pretty much is, I just looked up on the archive to see a bit more details about weekend single-studio anchorings (who with who, when and where) and posted it here.

The last sentence has a somewhat unasked question of "if it is OK to send Boris on location when needed, may be it would be OK to send him to Atlanta a little more often for single-studio anchoring?"

Nice to see an in-studio handoff between Amara/Boris and Fred today. Always used to appreciate these when they were more common a decade or so ago. 

[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • ATLerinHK, bkman1990, matthieu1221, oscillon

Good thing they are getting a new studio soon in Atlanta. That looks pretty awful.
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, Charles, Newsroom

(12-02-2023, 01:22 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Good thing they are getting a new studio soon in Atlanta. That looks pretty awful.

I don't think it looks that bad. Still, I think it worked better when HLN used it before they moved to Studio 7.

I wonder how many studios are being built at Techwood. Obviously at least one -- but is it more than one?
And they're repurposing parts of Studio 7 -- so will it just be a Studio 7 clone?

If it is just one CNN studio at Techwood -- then CNNI would have to do a handoff to CNN U.S. on weekend mornings, which would be interesting.

They'd also need a studio for Charles Barkley, if CNN does actually hire him. Or maybe they could just reuse the NBA TV studios (which are also at Techwood).

Based on the current schedules - which can obviously change - two Atlanta studios are needed as both CNN/US and CNNI are live from Atlanta 12:00-12:30pmET on Saturdays (World Sport on CNNI). Assuming Charles Barkley was at 9 or 10pmET one weeknight, he wouldn't necessarily need a separate studio though

However as well as CNN/US and CNNI, do CNN en Espanol have any Atlanta studio content to consider, and if so when is it?
[-] The following 2 users Like excel99's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

This week's State Of The Union appears to be prerecorded as there is no LIVE dog. It was also shot in a much smaller studio that I'm having trouble identifying. They've used the Inside Politics desk.

(12-02-2023, 01:22 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Good thing they are getting a new studio soon in Atlanta. That looks pretty awful.

I can't believe they've never removed that pillar with the screens on, which has been there for more than 20 years. It dates back to the Headline News 'clock face' set from 2001, which was pretty impressive in its day.

(12-02-2023, 03:48 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This week's State Of The Union appears to be prerecorded as there is no LIVE dog. It was also shot in a much smaller studio that I'm having trouble identifying. They've used the Inside Politics desk.
The first part had the LIVE dog and was airing from Studio D (home to Inside Politics and The Lead), with its tale-telling curved pillar. No wonder it was live - third flying object was downed over Canada well into Saturday evening.
[Image: image.png]
The latter parts were pre-recorded, with Jake giving live introductions to two of the recorded interviews. The recorded parts also seem to me to originate from D, they just used a small part of it near the big screens. The characteristic vertical stripes at the end of the screen give it away, as they are seen only in Studio D.
Not sure whether the stripes are physical or not, as they are somehow not seen during the Lead, but compare the images above from today to the well-known images of Studio D.
[Image: NCS_CNN-Studio-D-Washington_0002.JPG]
[Image: NCS_CNN-Studio-D-Washington_0007.JPG]