Channel 4 Breakdown

So C4 no longer have live continuity during the day then? That said nice not to have a CA interrupting the breakdown graphic every 30 seconds to apologise - but guessing there wasn't even an apology afterwards?

They managed the overrun well though rather than prioritising getting the ads out, and TBH even without a shorter edit of A Place in the Sun they probably would only have been 5 minutes behind which they'd likely catch up on by 7pm (they pack a load of trailers around The Simpsons).

(14-02-2023, 08:53 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The way the DOG disappears during the black is intriguing, although I guess being on +1 it's likely to be unhelpful in working out what went wrong.

Not C4 Pres's finest breakdown.

I watched on HD and the DOG disappeared on there as well.

I thought they had a hot DR in Salford now.

Perhaps not staffed in daytime, or the fault was inherent in the file they were playing or indeed the schedule and affected both playout centres.

Based on how long it took to get the fault caption up I'm questioning whether it's stafffed in London let alone a DR!

(15-02-2023, 01:14 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Based on how long it took to get the fault caption up I'm questioning whether it's stafffed in London let alone a DR!

I might just be waffling here, but do Red Bee have some sort of automatic playout going on for C4?

I was joking, it would be unusual for a reactive channel that has significant live content to be fully automated.

(15-02-2023, 01:14 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Based on how long it took to get the fault caption up I'm questioning whether it's stafffed in London let alone a DR!
Thing is that it's sometimes not possible to instantly put up a breakdown caption. Sometimes when things go wrong it doesn't matter how many people are present if the technology's against you. 

Also in events like this there's a certain amount of reaction time and even longer time to assess what is going on

As for a lack of announcer, the audio during  breakdown slide was totally corrupt so I think even if there was one he/she would have had trouble talking on air

(15-02-2023, 08:11 AM)CCFG Wrote:  

I might just be waffling here, but do Red Bee have some sort of automatic playout going on for C4?

Define 'automatic'. 

Every channel has automation, very few (only the really cheap ones) are run without anyone present

Was it just me who checked Channel 5 to see if they had gone into DR mode when Channel 4 went off yesterday?  Big Grin Also checked the other C4 channels…

(15-02-2023, 08:21 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I was joking, it would be unusual for a reactive channel that has significant live content to be fully automated.

Ah my bad, I'll grab me coat.  Big Grin

(14-02-2023, 07:22 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  British Stuff TV were kind enough to capture it. Kudos to Channel 4 for bucking the trend and still giving the opportunity for pre-recorded shows to fall off air... Wink

youtu.be 

Interesting when I was watching this "live" on Channel 4 (not +1) the random frozen frames that appeared to be from ads were entirely different for me than that are captured on this video...