BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

(20-02-2023, 10:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  North West weather at the weekend comes from Nottingham which is still SD.

I don’t see why the NW can’t have its weather shared with the 3 Look North regions at the weekend?

The latest HD regions are now on the Sky EPG.

Interestingly, they've gone for just 'BBC One NE HD' for North East & Cumbria. Not sure how well that'll go down with viewers on the west coast.

Also LCN 115 is now empty (at least here in Yorkshire). I'd be interested to know what viewers in the South East are getting today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Stuart

(21-02-2023, 11:58 AM)Spencer Wrote:  The latest HD regions are now on the Sky EPG.

Interestingly, they've gone for just 'BBC One NE HD' for North East & Cumbria. Not sure how well that'll go down with viewers on the west coast.

Also LCN 115 is now empty (at least here in Yorkshire). I'd be interested to know what viewers in the South East are getting today.
I'm sure both HD viewers in Cumbria might complain. Tongue

I think LCN 115 has already swapped to just broadcasting 'BBC One SE HD', so is no longer required. This is all a credit to the BBC for having completed it in only 6 weeks (I am sure the planning was lengthy).

I think that viewers in the South East should be getting the South East news from today, but AIUI what channel number it's on and what that channel is called depends on what platform you're watching via.

The old BBC One HD should have been taken off all the other regions now... I think that means the HD red slate is now a thing of the past on satellite.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Spencer, Stuart

I know I'm being picky from a pres point, but really some of the nomenclature of the BBC One HDs should be altered on the EPGs

[*]BBC One EastHD - should be 'E HD' or 'Est HD' (like Wst HD)
[*]BBC One EMidHD - should be 'EM HD'  (like WM HD)
[*]BBC One ScotHD - should be 'Sco HD' (like Wal HD)

No squashing required. Big Grin

Furthermore:

[*]BBC Parl HD - should be 'Parlm't HD' (as it was when previously capitalised)
[*]BBC NEWS HD - should be 'News HD' (it's the only channel left in capitals)

(21-02-2023, 01:55 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I know I'm being picky from a pres point, but really some of the nomenclature of the BBC One HDs should be altered on the EPGs

[*]BBC One EastHD - should be 'E HD' or 'Est HD' (like Wst HD)
[*]BBC One EMidHD - should be 'EM HD'  (like WM HD)
[*]BBC One ScotHD - should be 'Sco HD' (like Wal HD)

I actually think what they have is the most understandable, EM HD to me means nothing.

(21-02-2023, 02:17 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  I actually think what they have is the most understandable, EM HD to me means nothing.
Why does 'WM' mean more to you than 'EM'?  I am interested to know.

Could the difference in abbreviations be on purpose, to help tell them apart?

(21-02-2023, 02:32 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Could the difference in abbreviations be on purpose, to help tell them apart?
I'm not sure what you mean.  Nothing I have suggested is duplicated or given scope for misinterpretation.

(21-02-2023, 01:32 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I think that viewers in the South East should be getting the South East news from today, but AIUI what channel number it's on and what that channel is called depends on what platform you're watching via.

The old BBC One HD should have been taken off all the other regions now... I think that means the HD red slate is now a thing of the past on satellite.

"BBC One SE HD" was just added to the Freesat EPG on 101 in the South East and on 959 everywhere else.

That means Sky viewers in the South East will get their regional news on 115 today (in addition to 101 in SD) instead of the red slate.
[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • bkman1990, Spencer