(22-02-2023, 10:57 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(22-02-2023, 10:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Errrrrrmmmmm, wot? 

Please @ocsillon - could you try make your posts more legible so we can not only enjoy them but understand them. You bring a lot of knowledge to this place, but understanding is key. Thanks much.

OK, let me rephrase myself in shorter and more linear sentences (I think the Don sentence was clear enough).

There are now two CNN Town Halls this week, both at 9pm ET. Originally there was only one, scheduled for tomorrow. Due to the timing (early 24 Feb morning European time) one could suggest that it would be about Ukraine. Indeed it is about Ukraine, as CNN has an announcement ticker for it. Fareed Zakharia will be hosting it. Additional Town Hall is scheduled for today, its promo ticker is also shown on air. It will be about Ohio train derailment and it will be hosted by Jake Tapper.

Every day CNN updates it online schedule for the week ahead. As soon as the schedule for next Monday appeared, there was "CNN Prime" in the 9 pm slot. The same happened today for next Tuesday's schedule. As these schedules are usually generated from a template, it leads me to suggestion that CNN Prime made its way to this template and thus appears now by default whenever a weekday schedule is automatically generated.

UPD. FYI, this is what the town hall tickers look like:
[Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]
Are you AI? 

What is the source you are plugged into for updated listings? It's quite something.

(22-02-2023, 11:15 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  What is the source you are plugged into for updated listings? It's quite something.
I'm just using the listings that CNN has on its website.
CNN/US: us.cnn.com 

CNNI: edition.cnn.com 

If you click on the downwards arrow to the right of the date, it will expand and you will be able to choose the schedule for any of the 7 nearest days, including today.
When does the new date appear there? Well, when the current one expires, so one might expect it to appear somewhere around midnight ET = 5 am GMT.
The fact that it already had CNN Prime in next Monday's schedule as early as yesterday morning suggests that it got into the listings template.

The info about the Town Halls' anchors and content I got basically from watching CNN - they had these tickers and Jake made an announcement about Ohio Town Hall on his show.

(22-02-2023, 10:57 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I think the edition of another 9pm Situation Room on the Monday was also a late announcement despite it being originally CNN Tonight in the schedules.
I'm pretty sure it was due to the busy news day, with Biden making a surprise arrival to Kyiv.

Does anyone here actually use the UK livestream? What are your thoughts on it? Just wondering.

(23-02-2023, 07:54 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Does anyone here actually use the UK livestream?  What are your thoughts on it?  Just wondering.

It makes no sense for them to charge for the stream. It is widely available in HD in a simple google search across multiple sites.

I've come to France for a week and CNNi has been removed from 'FREE' (French tv/internet/cell provider as a free channel. It used to be case that you had to pay extra for BBC World, but now that is included and CNN is not.

(23-02-2023, 07:54 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Does anyone here actually use the UK livestream?  What are your thoughts on it?  Just wondering.

I see no point in paying for just a CNN stream. If I wanted to pay for news channels I'd get a package which includes more than one.

CNN Town Hall about Ohio train disaster ran for almost two hours and featured, for a change, Studio 19Y in New York. Yes, the former New Day studio, now usually seen in tight shots in "At This Hour", had Jake Tapper and Ohio residents inside, with U.S. officials seen on the videowalls. Usually it was 19X that was preserved for Town Halls, but as it currently serves home to CNN This Morning, the now under-used previous brick-walled morning set picked up the torch.
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-1.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-3-2.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-11.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-13.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-16-2.png]
I see little to none signs of refurbishment, so CNN This Morning might get stuck in 19X for the foreseeable future (or they're gonna utilize 17N aka Newsroom for it?)

Also Sara Sidner was live in Ohio with another group of Ohio residents during this Town Hall, obviously, without much of a studio
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-5.png]

By the way, the new "CNN Town Hall" logo has some Isa Soares Tonight vibes, with that globe behind it...
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-10.png]

==========================================================================================================
The second Town Hall, held yesterday, was from Washington, as it had two U.S. officials live on scene - the latter was actually Studio B of the Washington set. Audience was present too and it stretched into the space of neighboring Studio A with separators removed.
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-21.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-22.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-25-2.png]
The presenting area of studio A was not shown, so we still have very little clue what is going on there...
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast

(24-02-2023, 04:54 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNN Town Hall about Ohio train disaster ran for almost two hours and featured, for a change, Studio 19Y in New York. Yes, the former New Day studio, now usually seen in tight shots in "At This Hour", had Jake Tapper and Ohio residents inside, with U.S. officials seen on the videowalls. Usually it was 19X that was preserved for Town Halls, but as it currently serves home to CNN This Morning, the now under-used previous brick-walled morning set picked up the torch.
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-1.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-3-2.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-11.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-13.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-16-2.png]
I see little to none signs of refurbishment, so CNN This Morning might get stuck in 19X for the foreseeable future (or they're gonna utilize 17N aka Newsroom for it?)

Also Sara Sidner was live in Ohio with another group of Ohio residents during this Town Hall, obviously, without much of a studio
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-5.png]

By the way, the new "CNN Town Hall" logo has some Isa Soares Tonight vibes, with that globe behind it...
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-10.png]

==========================================================================================================
The second Town Hall, held yesterday, was from Washington, as it had two U.S. officials live on scene - the latter was actually Studio B of the Washington set. Audience was present too and it stretched into the space of neighboring Studio A with separators removed.
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-21.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-22.png]
[Image: CNN-Town-Hall-19-25-2.png]
The presenting area of studio A was not shown, so we still have very little clue what is going on there...
I am loving that font used last night! I hope this is a sign of things to come.

(24-02-2023, 02:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  

I see no point in paying for just a CNN stream. If I wanted to pay for news channels I'd get a package which includes more than one.

They should add it to Discovery+.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • AJB39

(24-02-2023, 02:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  

Especially when CNNi is free on the Samsung TV Plus app.

Very classy looks for the 2 latest Town Halls. Nice to see them using the CNN logo without it being inside a box for once for the title card.