Don't think any of the news programs are sponsored. Which is why Living Golf or the other filler programs which are basically advertising get shoehorned into the schedule a little too often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice

I think the confusion here is that Richard Quest also presents Business Traveller, which is a bit like Living Golf and is sponsored, in addition to his main news show (Quest Means Business, obviously).

Business Traveller is sponsored, Quest Means Business is not.

However, QMB is still arguably one of the few CNNI appointment to view programmes and probably does well with ad revenue.
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • matthieu1221, oscillon

They brought Wolf from DC to New York to anchor CNN Primetime (the main part of which is his prerecorded interview with Zelensky, but there are also live parts)
[Image: image.png]
I know that they can make a loose recreation of the brick-walled 19Y in Studio D in Washington, but this one apparently is the real 19Y.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

Today's UPD. Tuesday's CNN Primetime will be hosted by Chris Wallace and be focused on, of all things, basketball. Still no hint over who will be at the helms today and what will be the topic.
cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com 

================================================================================

On a separate note, CNN and by extension of simulcast CNNI were at their breaking news coverage lowest yesterday. With all the reports from Germany about mass shooting in Hamburg starting to arrive at 5pm ET, guess how many times they ever mentioned the shooting on air until midnight ET end of simulcast, even as a one-liner?
If archive.org transcripts are to be believed, the answer is ZERO. Nothing. Rien. For seven hours straight. (Yes, they had it on their web site, but not on air.)
If Global Brief had still been around, they would have been able to cover this, it's a shame they axed the show after moving Bianca to mornings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(10-03-2023, 09:27 PM)oscillon Wrote:  On a separate note, CNN and by extension of simulcast CNNI were at their breaking news coverage lowest yesterday. With all the reports from Germany about mass shooting in Hamburg starting to arrive at 5pm ET, guess how many times they ever mentioned the shooting on air until midnight ET end of simulcast, even as a one-liner?
If archive.org transcripts are to be believed, the answer is ZERO. Nothing. Rien. For seven hours straight. (Yes, they had it on their web site, but not on air.)
I expect the new combined BBC News channel to be terrible but CNN shows it could be much worse. Living up to their stereotypes. The BBC is timid and thinks foreigners might be getting too much of their domestic news while CNN thinks foreigners don't get enough of theirs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Independent's post:
  • interestednovice

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that I saw the Germany shooting mentioned on one of the DC shows yesterday afternoon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Charles's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, interestednovice

(11-03-2023, 04:12 AM)Independent Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 09:27 PM)oscillon Wrote:  On a separate note, CNN and by extension of simulcast CNNI were at their breaking news coverage lowest yesterday. With all the reports from Germany about mass shooting in Hamburg starting to arrive at 5pm ET, guess how many times they ever mentioned the shooting on air until midnight ET end of simulcast, even as a one-liner?
I expect the new combined BBC News channel to be terrible but CNN shows it could be much worse. Living up to their stereotypes. The BBC is timid and thinks foreigners might be getting too much of their domestic news while CNN thinks foreigners don't get enough of theirs.
And yet, whenever there is a mass shooting (or any shooting) in the US, it's continuous coverage on CNNI.
[-] The following 2 users Like gman's post:
  • interestednovice, Newsroom

You'd think Covid measures had been reimplemented on 'CNN This Morning' today. Both presenters are in Washington but in flash studios.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice

(12-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  You'd think Covid measures had been reimplemented on 'CNN This Morning' today. Both presenters are in Washington but in flash studios.
Apparently things are going on with Studio D (a usual DC home for mornings) for good two weeks. If I'm not mistaken, last time Studio D was actually seen on air was exactly two weeks ago.

For the whole this week Jake Tapper was in a flash studio for the Lead, as well as John King. Previous week whenever Jake was on air in DC, he was in flash studio as well while John King was in Studio B. A week ago it was also not used on Sunday, with Inside Politics in B and SOTU in New York.

With Studio A out of use (although seen occasionally in the background during 9pm specials), this leaves DC with only one full-fledged studio - Studio B. We'll see where do Inside Politics and SOTU originate from today, but they might have wanted to avoid using the same studio for 4 hours in a row, hence the flash studios.

UPD. Inside Politics is back in Studio D, no visual changes at first glance.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Newsroom

(12-03-2023, 12:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(12-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  You'd think Covid measures had been reimplemented on 'CNN This Morning' today. Both presenters are in Washington but in flash studios.
Apparently things are going on with Studio D (a usual DC home for mornings) for good two weeks. If I'm not mistaken, last time Studio D was actually seen on air was exactly two weeks ago.

For the whole this week Jake Tapper was in a flash studio for the Lead, as well as John King. Previous week whenever Jake was on air in DC, he was in flash studio as well while John King was in Studio B. A week ago it was also not used on Sunday, with Inside Politics in B and SOTU in New York.

With Studio A out of use (although seen occasionally in the background during 9pm specials), this leaves DC with only one full-fledged studio - Studio B. We'll see where do Inside Politics and SOTU originate from today, but they might have wanted to avoid using the same studio for 4 hours in a row, hence the flash studios.
Sounds like quite the upgrade is taking place in Washington. 

Hopefully we won't have long to wait before the big reveal.

I still have zero idea what could possibly be happening in New York. I can't for the life of me think where the new dayside programming will come from other than a brand new newsroom studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • interestednovice