ITV News

There is a nice wideshot on the ITV News tonight which shows the set-up for the head-to-head interview between Peston and Sunak in San Diego.

[Image: ITV-N-13-03-23.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Geraint Vincent returns to the Evening News tonight - I don’t recall when he last presented but definitely been a few years?

Romilly also presented a few weeks back, again it was a while since she last appeared on the evening news.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eli22's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

Geriant Vincent with the ITV Evening News tonight

A pretty rare occasion these days of the evening news being read by a man
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:

(15-03-2023, 07:25 PM)Eli22 Wrote:  Geraint Vincent returns to the Evening News tonight - I don’t recall when he last presented but definitely been a few years?

Romilly also presented a few weeks back, again it was a while since she last appeared on the evening news.
Romilly has been popping up occasionally on the evening news since summer 2021, if I'm right in thinking geraint covered one evening a few years ago , definitely before covid though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scoob19's post:

(15-03-2023, 07:30 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Geriant Vincent with the ITV Evening News tonight

A pretty rare occasion these days of the evening news being read by a man
Chris Ship has done it a few times (though I think they tend to use him more for News at Ten). He most notably did the EN the day Geoff Hill died.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:

Who did the budget coverage earlier?

It does seem the fallout from Mark Austin being ousted off News at Ten still lingers with Mary not doing News at Ten and Julie and Tom never doing the Evening News.

(15-03-2023, 11:02 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Who did the budget coverage earlier?

Tom Bradby.

(15-03-2023, 11:02 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It does seem the fallout from Mark Austin being ousted off News at Ten still lingers with Mary not doing News at Ten and Julie and Tom never doing the Evening News.

I still think that was terribly handled. Of course most of us here don't know what went on behind the scenes - but it seemed so much like everyone was shunted to make way for Tom. I don't see why they couldn't have just had Mark do the single-headed News at Ten, with Julie filling in. (AIUI it was a case of her wanting to work fewer hours, rather than any sort of falling out of favour.) I do think Tom has improved dramatically as a presenter since he started, but then I suppose most people get better at their job when they've been doing it for seven years! I think he's generally pretty watchable these days, though I do prefer it when Julie is on.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It does seem the fallout from Mark Austin being ousted off News at Ten still lingers with Mary not doing News at Ten and Julie and Tom never doing the Evening News.

Tom presented the ITV News Budget Special.
[-] The following 2 users Like GMc's post:

There seemed to be some gremlins at the end of NaT - Julie started going through the front pages (which I don't think they've done since they days of her and Mark?) then all of a sudden it cut to the closing music and studio pan. Unless, of course, it was my ITVX stream that was playing up?

(15-03-2023, 11:20 PM)Kojak Wrote:  

Tom Bradby.

(15-03-2023, 11:02 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It does seem the fallout from Mark Austin being ousted off News at Ten still lingers with Mary not doing News at Ten and Julie and Tom never doing the Evening News.

I still think that was terribly handled. Of course most of us here don't know what went on behind the scenes - but it seemed so much like everyone was shunted to make way for Tom. I don't see why they couldn't have just had Mark do the single-headed News at Ten, with Julie filling in. (AIUI it was a case of her wanting to work fewer hours, rather than any sort of falling out of favour.) I do think Tom has improved dramatically as a presenter since he started, but then I suppose most people get better at their job when they've been doing it for seven years! I think he's generally pretty watchable these days, though I do prefer it when Julie is on.

Tom has also taken over from Nina in special programmes and rolling coverage during the day despite lunchtime being her slot. More notable in the past year where Tom has been bought it to present the conservative leader vote, queens funeral and budget.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eli22's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread