Unused Idents and Presentation

Can this thread have a different thumbnail please? The current CITV one turned out to be foreign pres, not unused pres.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Roger Darthwell

An interjection to remind posters that:

"Mock-ups/recreations of logos, idents, programme titles/graphics and set designs are not permitted. Whilst previous incarnations of this forum provided an outlet for this type of material, we have no plans to do so."

Some posts have been removed. 

(12-01-2023, 12:12 AM)Admin PC Wrote:  An interjection to remind posters that:

"Mock-ups/recreations of logos, idents, programme titles/graphics and set designs are not permitted. Whilst previous incarnations of this forum provided an outlet for this type of material, we have no plans to do so."

Some posts have been removed. 

Mea Culpa, I thought it was up-ressed.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

(08-01-2023, 01:47 PM)ACTV Wrote:  Was watching an ITV Digital barker promo from around 2001/2002 on YouTube when I noticed what I believe is an unused ITV2 ident, featuring the 2001 logo on the background of one of the original 1998 idents. It also features a "2Entertain" slogan akin to the ones used in the 2001-2003 idents.

I wonder if it was a test ident for the new concept, or if the initial intention was to recycle the 1998 look with the new logo.

The unused ident appears at 0:28 youtu.be 

This would've been around the time that ITV2 dropped their first logo to bring it more in-line with the ITV1 branding... logos.fandom.com 

static.wikia.nocookie.net 
Web Image

this is an unused logo from tv globo from 2013

Saw this Granada Plus ident animation from a Sky TV promo named "Then and Now" in 1996 (it's from TVArk and snatched to Youtube, so I won't link it here):

The Oval G shifts from purple to black, while the "GRANADA PLUS" byline slides in, then the bar swipes to "HEALTH & BEAUTY" (which was part of its sister channel, Granada Good Life/Breeze, instead in reality).
Was this used on some prelaunch promos for the channel, or was it a placeholding animation?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

I wonder if that's incomplete, and would've cycled through the other Good Life sub-brands, then Talk TV and Men & Motors before looping? IE it's promoting Granada Sky Broadcasting, not Granada Plus specifically?
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, W. Knight

Moving South in Europe, I stumbled across this early design for RTP in Portugal, when they're reorganizing their public radio and television broadcasters. It looked slightly different to what actually came in 2004 (especially with the R), but that's not the case in their second channel 2:, here in the name of T2 (Televisão Dois):

[Image: 5c34e77829823.560b25e34f9df.png][Image: d4d8327829823.560b25e3c59df.png][Image: 13b4d37829823.560b262ee58d1.png]

A pre-launch presentation for RTP Música in 2012. Originally set to launch in 2011, it was later postponed indefinitely:
youtu.be 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Hey everyone, i've found the images of the unused 1998 Tyne Tees Television idents on Flickr.

Here they are:

www.flickr.com 

www.flickr.com 

www.flickr.com 

www.flickr.com 

www.flickr.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Michael Kenchington's post:
  • harshy, Si-Co, Stuart, TVFan, W. Knight

Hey, that unused Granada thing's in there too, and there's more frames of the animation!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lyric's post:
  • W. Knight