BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

North West Tonight now being broadcast in place of Look North Yorkshire (surprised Look North Hull is not being broadcast instead).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Superman1986

(23-03-2023, 11:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  For some reason we had North West Tonight in the regional headlines at 10:30

And it’s now the same for the actual bulletin, and with no acknowledgment at the start
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986, Yorksman

(24-03-2023, 12:04 AM)Yorksman Wrote:  North West Tonight now being broadcast in place of Look North Yorkshire (surprised Look North Hull is not being broadcast instead).

Did they see all the complaints about a non HD Look North on here so gave everyone a sneak peak of a HD regional bulletin?

(In all seriousness, must be NWTs first HD terrestrial broadcast?)
[-] The following 3 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • Spencer, Steve in Pudsey, Superman1986

Curiously NWT also went out instead of the NE& Cumbria Look North, but Hull was fine.

Could it be to do with it being on later than usual? I know there is a work to rule following last week's strike, does that include an overtime ban?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Spencer, Superman1986

It does seem odd that Look North Yorks and NE&C took North West Tonight who gave no mention at all to Look North both in the news stories and in the weather.

Yet Look North EY&L did still air and even had a pan regional Weather forecast for all 3 Look Norths, even though it wasn't seen outside EY&L.

So it seems Mr Levy was preparing to be Mr Entire Look North, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

East Midlands Today was able to carry some West Midlands stories as well as the whole Midlands weather, so unsure why it didn't happen for Look North.
[-] The following 6 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Former Member 406, Spencer, Steve in Pudsey, Superman1986, TVFan, UTVLifer

Sally Hurst is starting as an official sports reporter for Look North (Leeds) from Monday
[-] The following 1 user Likes JACKLUFC1998's post:
  • Superman1986

(25-03-2023, 04:55 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Sally Hurst is starting as an official sports reporter for Look North (Leeds) from Monday
Is this as a replacement for Tanya Arnold?
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998, Superman1986

(25-03-2023, 05:39 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 04:55 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Sally Hurst is starting as an official sports reporter for Look North (Leeds) from Monday
Is this as a replacement for Tanya Arnold?

I think so
  • Spencer

I think it’s week 4 of the temp studio will the new studio be ready in three weeks time?

How was Look North (Hull) in their temporary set for? Because as Harshy said above, I hope it’s not long before Look North (Leeds) gets their new set!
  • harshy