Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(29-03-2023, 12:10 AM)oscillon Wrote:  Also, you will be suprised to learn that the Nashville school shooting was only second in Monday's World News America either, with Israel being the top story.

That has a bit of sense considering the US is a key partner for Israel (regardless of the wrongs commited by the Israeli govt. in the occupation), and the fact that the Israeli goverment even has a PAC which supports candidates on both parties (and fuel money against those having even a mild criticism of their stance on Palestine)

WNA is showed on PBS stations, so their focus is to showcase the percieved strength of the BBC News coverage across the world, but putting priorities on those stories which the US is involved/interested

HARDtalk accidentally just cut out for a few seconds just now, with the weather playing for a few seconds. No graphics on screen at the moment.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

For what it's worth here in Australia, the News Corp (Murdoch) owned streaming service Flash News has changed the icon for what was BBC World News:

EDIT: Whoops, probably should have been in the World thread...
[-] The following 2 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • ALV, bkman1990

(29-03-2023, 08:21 AM)FactorFiles Wrote:  For what it's worth here in Australia, the News Corp (Murdoch) owned streaming service Flash News has changed the icon for what was BBC World News:
Roughly what I would've expected - BBC World officially become BBC World News on 16th April, five days ahead of the on-screen change.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, xlalonce

Today's NaO is in B:
[Image: 3bcb4493c355e1dedb242366bdaff3d1.png]
Featuring short titles with Reith numbers:
[Image: 6f3d6902cb01d62198d4345655395534.png]
WN is in E:
[Image: e5f943106632f5e935be07fce5d146d5.png]
With the merger happening in 5 days, I think it's about time the NaO officially moves to B. Hope this will be a permanent move...
[-] The following 7 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc, interestednovice, Ma76, oscillon, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Studio C must be on maintenance again, second time in 15 days... Even if today's one is planned as was previous one, it makes you wonder how they will operate the new channel, having to decamp to somewhere (A?) every two weeks or so. Or is the recent abundance of Studio C maintenances more of a safeguarding measure agains anything breaking up in the next few months of continouous usage?
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Superman1986, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(29-03-2023, 01:02 PM)ALV Wrote:  Today's NaO is in B:
[Image: 3bcb4493c355e1dedb242366bdaff3d1.png]
Featuring short titles with Reith numbers:
[Image: 6f3d6902cb01d62198d4345655395534.png]
WN is in E:
[Image: e5f943106632f5e935be07fce5d146d5.png]
With the merger happening in 5 days, I think it's about time the NaO officially moves to B. Hope this will be a permanent move...
Yet the One is going out on the BBC NC whilst BBC WN takes rolling coverage of King Charles’s visit to Germany, led by Annita from E. It would have been appropriate for the NC to stick with the WN coverage on this occasion - although it is, ironically, a big British story, it is also developing news and the channel should be for rolling news as much as possible. This is the “anything but WN” attitude at play again, where it seems they would rather simulcast any random even vaguely news or current affairs oriented programme in place of actual rolling news on the UK feed. It should be the other way around - stick to news, especially rolling news coverage, even with a world slant, as much as possible.

Sign it if they have to, but at least allow us to see the coverage. Unfortunately, they simply treat the NC schedule as open season to place as many simulcasts as they can, so they don’t have to show rolling news (with no bar at all, seemingly, for relevance or quality - see the Campbell radio show). Clearly, if you are talking about “relevance to UK audiences” rolling news, even with a global focus, is more relevant on a news channel than much of what they are showing and intend to show. The BBC are treating British viewers with contempt at this point.

The NC also had issues during World Business Report earlier as someone faded up audio from Politics Live early (obviously whilst preparing for the UK to opt out to it, but they cut it to air by accident).

I’m guessing that the studio changes today are permanent (in the case of the One in B) and deliberate. The One will need to be in B next week anyway, once the merger is complete, if work really is starting on E. It also avoids having to boot WN out of E into C at lunchtime - and, presumably, they will now be doing full pilots in C with just a few days to go, with a trial schedule likely being used. So needing C for normal output is not ideal.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, UTVLifer

I wonder if they will make Studio E look like a downscaled version of Studio B perhaps?
[-] The following 2 users Like ConorW2000's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

It could end up quite similar to Studio D, where they have kept the desk area very much as it was but added a monolith screen. This may replace the catwalk in E and be used for programmes such as World Business Report.

I’m quite intrigued in the design myself, as I really like the current E and struggle to see how it could be improved very much. I take the point that the set is probably wearing out, so has to be replaced with something; I just wonder how different that something might be!
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, Ma76, UTVLifer

(29-03-2023, 01:57 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  It could end up quite similar to Studio D, where they have kept the desk area very much as it was but added a monolith screen. This may replace the catwalk in E and be used for programmes such as World Business Report.

I’m quite intrigued in the design myself, as I really like the current E and struggle to see how it could be improved very much. I take the point that the set is probably wearing out, so has to be replaced with something; I just wonder how different that something might be!

In D the monolith replaced the smaller TV-like screen, like the ones to the sides of the presenter's desk in E.

If anything should be done with the catwalk area, it is to replace the three screens with those large black borders by a single curved videowall, like the one used in B.
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Ma76, Superman1986, UTVLifer
Thread Closed