BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-04-2023, 06:04 PM)ALV Wrote:  At 1800, the UK feed opted out for NaS. World feed has Yalda Hakim picking up rolling coverage. Titles are identical to the former short titles but with chameleon brandings.
[Image: 6cee4bbe8ba0b3227a67ee8b6237fb34.png]
[Image: 407997ee016d1ea6aac5fe9a159398e1.png]
I still don’t see the point of simulcasting the Six and Ten without signing. Either sign it or just give us world news. And that title card is ghastly. 
[-] The following 7 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Jeff, matthieu1221, SomeRandomStuff, UTVLifer, watchingtv

They’d have been better moving the globe into the middle of the title card and having ‘BBC’ and ‘NEWS’ either end of it. I mean, it wouldn’t look any worse than what we’ve been given.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, James, Jeff, Reith85, Superman1986

(03-04-2023, 02:18 PM)ALV Wrote:  More extracts from the South Asian feed... it's completely unwatchable. 30% of the screen is CENSORED with the "BBC WORLD NEWS" strap. You can't read any text on the lower-thirds and the infographics are completely blocked... What the hell is going on in that feed?
www.youtube.com 

IDK if anyone already posted abouth this but on the BBC World News page, but it seems this is intentional just to keep with WN name in India, at the cost of the South Asian feed having that dreadful strap

Quote:BBC News, the 24-hour news channel, is available in the UK, and over 200 countries worldwide. In India, you can watch BBC World News.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-radio-and-tv-14563857
[-] The following 5 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • AIB01WB, ALV, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN

(03-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I still don’t see the point of simulcasting the Six and Ten without signing. Either sign it or just give us world news. And that title card is ghastly. 

They'll never drop simulcasts with Breakfast, 1, 6, 10. If anything, they'll increase the hours of simulcast in the future, in order to fill up the "UK opt" hour quota. They'll do anything to fulfill their narrative "we're still delivering more UK news in the new combined channel to our license fee payers".
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-04-2023, 06:11 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I still don’t see the point of simulcasting the Six and Ten without signing. Either sign it or just give us world news. And that title card is ghastly. 

They'll never drop simulcasts with Breakfast, 1, 6, 10. If anything, they'll increase the hours of simulcast in the future, in order to fill up the "UK opt" hour quota. They'll do anything to fulfill their narrative "we're still delivering more UK news in the new combined channel to our license fee payers".
I don’t disagree with you, sadly. I still think they should sign at least one of the 6/10 (preferably both!) if they must be simulcast. I think it’s a disgrace that (to my knowledge) there are no evening newscasts with any form of BSL.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AJB39, BBI45, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly

What are the shift times? Lucy 12-3, Matthew 3-6, yalda 6-9 and Christian 9-12?

Well, the updates to titles are something of its own kind...

In other news, Christian again confirmed that the Context is back tonight
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

The first outing of the journalism wall on the balcony during the Six: i.imgur.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 5 users Like Josh's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85, UTVLifer

I see the flipper is back working properly on the UK feed but still not working properly on the World feed. Forgive me if I’m asking a question that’s been answered already but does anybody know if the flipper will return on the World feed as well?

The new touchscreen area on the balcony (next to the interview flash cam position) debuted:
[Image: 5dff070fcec2e35893af808bb276b314.png]
[Image: 26e677aed8cf247b64974687f59021c5.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, ginnyfan, matthieu1221, oscillon, Plutobug