BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

There is a nice fluidity in the animations and if they kept the end board going a little longer the swirls do clear out of the way to reveal the text on the greyish background but it’s not there for long enough to see that.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Jeff, LDN, oscillon, TVFan, wontorra

(21-04-2023, 09:10 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  www.youtube.com 
Well at least no-one’s going to be accusing the BBC of wasting money on expensive looking titles.

(21-04-2023, 08:11 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Sorry but that looks horrendous.

Dreadful. The top and bottom lockup of the BBC News logo simply does not work on titles. It's illegible and ugly. 

Surely this isn't the intended application of the Chameleon brand system?

They're not the most exciting attempt but they do the job. I do feel they've missed a very obvious and inexpensive idea. They could have re-used the lovely Outside Source titles (which weren't old at all) but tweak the endboard to fit the new style. I mean, even the Outside Source logo turned 90 degrees makes a very obvious logo for the word Context....

[Image: context.png]
[-] The following 11 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, EastCoast, JamieD, Jeff, Juicy Joe, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I like the way the text of the titles animate in a little that’s a nice touch certainly if they could use the design rationale from these titles to other shows that have branded shows at least there is some cohesion graphically.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, Jayesyn

Wow, what a disappointment. I prefer the old Context titles to this - another example of the BBC not focusing enough on its news presentation - especially after the merger. Though this does give me Outside Source vibes

(21-04-2023, 08:08 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s all bit random can’t read the bbc and the news against the swirls, random London background and old looking lower thirds not the greatest, but at least they the frame rate is right, must be another internal job, there’s no cohesion with anything, the bbc reserve their best work for overseas viewers like bbc Nordic and give us half baked revamps.

If you can’t read the BBC and the NEWS against the swirls, how do you know it says BBC and NEWS?

Jesus.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • bbctvtechop, bkman1990

(21-04-2023, 10:25 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 08:08 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s all bit random can’t read the bbc and the news against the swirls, random London background and old looking lower thirds not the greatest, but at least they the frame rate is right, must be another internal job, there’s no cohesion with anything, the bbc reserve their best work for overseas viewers like bbc Nordic and give us half baked revamps.

If you can’t read the BBC and the NEWS against the swirls, how do you know it says BBC and NEWS?

Jesus.
I meant there isn’t enough contrast between the dark red and the black, sorry.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Spencer

I think the red swirly bits should be a bit further to the right so the text doesn’t overlap it. Other than that, they’re certainly not the worst titles on BBC News at present.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe