BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Are news junkies that desperate to have news all the time?
[-] The following 8 users Like XIII's post:
  • agentsquash, cando, DeMarkay, Jayesyn, Joe, mokked, PatrZDZ, strollfan

(24-04-2023, 04:59 PM)mokked Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 04:38 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Why are you wasting the ASA's time?

How is it wasting the ASA's time? The service is called BBC News not BBC Talk. Im just hoping to get the BBC to do the right thing and give us access to news in the mornings, quite a simple request that they are currently ignoring. I implore everyone to do three things, complain to the BBC, complain to Ofcom and complain to the ASA.
Because the ASA deal with advertising. What does this have to do with advertising? Unless the BBC have produced an advert you find offensive or inappropriate you're wasting their time.
[-] The following 7 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, chaose, DeMarkay, Roger Darthwell, strollfan, Stuart

So the flipper currently works on programmes from Studio C only - at least not on Focus on Africa.

(24-04-2023, 04:59 PM)mokked Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 04:38 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Why are you wasting the ASA's time?

How is it wasting the ASA's time? The service is called BBC News not BBC Talk. Im just hoping to get the BBC to do the right thing and give us access to news in the mornings, quite a simple request that they are currently ignoring. I implore everyone to do three things, complain to the BBC, complain to Ofcom and complain to the ASA.

They now have to spend time responding to your complaint, to say that your complaint is not within their remit. Getting other people to do the same diverts their time away from dealing with complaints about actual adverts, and achieves absolutely nothing from your point of view either.
[-] The following 8 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Alf Stewart, bkman1990, cando, LargelyALurker, Roger Darthwell, strollfan, TJTSW, TVFan

(24-04-2023, 01:01 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Sophie doing the 1 for the first time in a while!

It looks like Jane Hill was scheduled but is unwell, according to her Twitter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald

(24-04-2023, 04:10 PM)mokked Wrote:  BBC have just replied to my complaint about the lack of news service between 9am and 11am. It's almost like their response was written by the press office again. They also still haven't fixed the ticker after a couple weeks so I have now escalated to Ofcom and of course the ASA. They can't broadcast non-news programming on the channel so they need to be held to account

I genuinely thought this was a parody at first. Some serious perspective is needed on this thread
[-] The following 8 users Like cando's post:
  • Alf Stewart, AndrewP, bai4943, bkman1990, chaose, DeMarkay, Quantum+83, strollfan

(24-04-2023, 05:41 PM)Frances Wrote:  So the flipper currently works on programmes from Studio C only - at least not on Focus on Africa.

The flipper is turned off on both Studio B and Studio C at 1800... Oh well it was nice while it lasted.
[Image: 7c8f51844bcf8a09f2ea49acf2294dd0.png]

(24-04-2023, 04:10 PM)mokked Wrote:  BBC have just replied to my complaint about the lack of news service between 9am and 11am. It's almost like their response was written by the press office again. They also still haven't fixed the ticker after a couple weeks so I have now escalated to Ofcom and of course the ASA. They can't broadcast non-news programming on the channel so they need to be held to account
You have heard of Click, The Travel Show, and HardTalk, right? 

As much as I think the new format is, at best, a cheap filler I'm not sure the idea that it's 'non-news' really holds any water, especially when you consider there is literally a news summary every 30 minutes and Campbell is debating the news of the day.
[-] The following 9 users Like Matrix's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Quantum+83, strollfan

The Studio B newsroom background image was different last night (picture with Huw), but it's back to the normal image today (with Fiona).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(24-04-2023, 06:08 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:41 PM)Frances Wrote:  So the flipper currently works on programmes from Studio C only - at least not on Focus on Africa.

The flipper is turned off on both Studio B and Studio C at 1800... Oh well it was nice while it lasted.
[Image: 7c8f51844bcf8a09f2ea49acf2294dd0.png]
Getting a joke now..

Either they want to remove the flipper permanently and they haven’t fixed the issue that results in it turning back on 
Or
They want the flipper on but it keeps turning off and they haven’t stop it turning itself off.

Either way it’s not a good look
[-] The following 3 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald