BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

If you're unlucky...

www.radiotimes.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart

The flipper did not work between 2130 and 1130, but then it returned with the first BREAKING headline since the relaunch…

[Image: 1682419483_1618417082.png]

I think they can bring the interactive and world clock items back, if they don’t have enough staff to fill those SPORT and BUSINESS headlines…
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, UTVLifer

Can I ask: what does constantly tracking the ticker's operations achieve? I know it's broken. You know it's broken. We all know it's broken. The BBC knows it's broken. No doubt it will (eventually!) be fixed, but I suspect that will require a bit of an overall rethink of the graphics - for which the resources probably aren't there right now. Yes, it's rubbish, but it's really small-fry in the grand scheme of things. I honestly think it's worse than rota discussion. At least that involves people!

We’ve definitely said goodbye to the old titles though as today at 5am they played out the chameleon version of the titles so at least that’s a big plus in the scheme of things.

We are still seeing the boxed logo on the end of branded shows just as Newsday and World News America and unfortunately still on the half hour ident on the Uk feed which is considering they also have a chameleon version.

The glitch on the world feed is more evident as there is no bumper or anything but hey baby shoes especially for this new news channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(25-04-2023, 12:42 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Can I ask: what does constantly tracking the ticker's operations achieve? I know it's broken. You know it's broken. We all know it's broken. The BBC knows it's broken. No doubt it will (eventually!) be fixed, but I suspect that will require a bit of an overall rethink of the graphics - for which the resources probably aren't there right now. Yes, it's rubbish, but it's really small-fry in the grand scheme of things. I honestly think it's worse than rota discussion. At least that involves people!

The ticker was meant to be turned off permanently as suggested by Newswatch and an insider's tweet, but since yesterday and today we've seen the ticker returning for a significant amount of time, in a new format where the ticker text is not generated from the RSS feeds. I'd say the potential reversal of the decision to ditch the ticker is worthy of discussion to a certain extent here...
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Frances

twitter.com 

Is the gap closing?
[-] The following 5 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • aj.wm, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

(25-04-2023, 02:18 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  twitter.com 

Is the gap closing?

What are the 'usual' pre-merger average audiences of the 3 channels?

(25-04-2023, 02:28 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  

Is the gap closing?
What are the 'usual' pre-merger average audiences of the 3 channels?
Last November/December, BBC News generally averaged across the day at between 70-100k, Sky News about 40-70k and GB 'News' around 25-40k - but obviously with a degree of day-to-day variance. That figure would be low for the BBC, but we'll have to wait and see for the BARB monthly data to see if it is representative. But, even if it is, more a case of viewers switching off altogether than switching from BBC to its competitor or alternatives.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Happy2001, matthieu1221, Quantum+83

Is the gap closing?

Britain's watching. We're talking about less than a quarter of a million watching news channels here.
[-] The following 7 users Like thomalex's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, cando, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Jeff

Breaking news of the start of a large scale evacuation of UK citizens from Sudan, but the UK opt on BBC News is chatting about Prince William and his compensation claim. Then move to chatting about Biden running again for President in 2024. This is woeful.

You have to go to GB News to hear that the first flight has left, and that everyone has been told to make their way to an airfield.
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, Stockland Hillman