Coronation of King Charles III

(06-05-2023, 07:13 PM)Robert Williams Wrote:  I'm thinking these glitches may have been an HD-only issue?  I was watching in SD on Freeview and there were no such glitches at any point.
As far as we know, BBC One SD and all other BBC outlets, except BBC One HD, were fine.
[-] The following 6 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

So why was BBC One HD affected? - this is our national broadcaster. I switched back to Sky News and they were fine.

Phew. Missed it all. You've no idea how much relief I feel.
[-] The following 4 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • bbctvtechop, GMc, LDN, Telefunken

(06-05-2023, 12:39 PM)mark Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 11:04 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Is NBC not showing it in the US? As NBC News Now is showing Dateline NBC despite the fact the Sky EPG here in the UK has it listed to be showing the coronation.
They're definitely showing it. I saw the start of the coverage on NBC News Now at 10am UK time, and it's on right now.

I wonder if it was blocked here then?

(06-05-2023, 07:00 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  GMB as ever went for subtly in for their Coronation special opener

youtu.be 

And couldn't even spring for a specially recorded continuity annoucement? Cheapskates

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

(05-05-2023, 12:07 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Here is a list of all the foreign TV channels that will broadcast the Coronation tomorrow (my source is the tvepg.eu website)
Bulgaria:BNT 1, BTV, Nova TV
Slovenia: TVSLO 1
Lithuania: LRT, LNK, Delfi TV
Latvia: LTV1
Estonia: ETV
Croatia: HRT (presumably)
North Macedonia: MRT 1
Romania: TVR 1, Pro TV, Antena 1, Prima TV
Hungary: TV2, RTL Klub,
Slovakia: RTVS 1, Markiza
Czech Republic: CT 24, Nova TV
Poland: TVP 1
Finland: Yle TV1
Sweden: SVT1, TV4
Norway: NRK1
Denmark: DR1, TV2,
Greece: ERT1
Switzerland: SRF1, RTS1, RSI La 1
Luxembourg: RTL Tele Letzebuerg
Austria: ORF 2
Belgium: VRT1, VTM, RTBF La Une, RTL-TVI
Netherlands. NPO 1
Portugal: RTP3, SIC, TVI
Spain: TVE1, Telecinco, La Sexta
Italy: Rai 1, Canale 5, LA7, Real Time
Germany: Das Erste, RTL, SAT.1
France: TF1, France 2, M6
Ireland: RTÉ One
Obviously 24/7 news channels in all of the respective countries will also show it (if they have them)
Some other channels also broadcasted the Coronation that I didn't list before
Russia: Couldn't find any info, but the Coronation was shown live as an online stream on the website of RBC TV
Serbia: Couldn't find any info 
Bosnia and Herzegovina: BHT 1
Albania: Couldn't find any info 
Ukraine: Couldn't find any info
If anybody from these countries have information it would be really appreciated
[-] The following 2 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • chrisherald, Happy2001

I really enjoyed ITV coverage of the coronation

BBC had many glitches in it's presentation, and I felt they spoke too much over it.

ITV allowed viewers time to just have silence and listen to the parade - their commentator inside the abbey James Mates was superb in his delivery, he really was perfect at explaining the parts of the service without ruining it.

ITV had good guests, and the right balance for today, well done ITV
[-] The following 6 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, itsrobert, Kojak, Northlad, Toby brown

I'm surprised there was no special BBC ident. However after the terrible continuity during the funeral it was nice to see Dean Lydiate and Michael ? on duty today for some top quality announcements.

Surprised there has been no mention of Kirsty Young calling Anton Du Beke, Anton Du Burke.
[-] The following 3 users Like Nobby's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990

(06-05-2023, 07:00 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  GMB as ever went for subtly in for their Coronation special opener

youtu.be 

subtle but brilliant apart from the continuity announcer saying CITV not GMB, at least STV got it right