Coronation of King Charles III

A peak audience of 13.4m and an average audience of 11.9m for the Coronation on BBC1.

A sizeable audience but clearly not in the league of other recent events.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, UTVLifer

(07-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  A peak audience of 13.4m and an average audience of 11.9m for the Coronation on BBC1.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Newshound47's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, Ma76, UTVLifer

Most people just weren’t that bothered then.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc, Spencer, Stuart

(07-05-2023, 10:47 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(07-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  A peak audience of 13.4m and an average audience of 11.9m for the Coronation on BBC1.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

A peak of 20m is very strong, which shows there was still a lot of interest in the event on a day when shops etc were still open as normal.
[-] The following 10 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, fanoftv, Jeff, Ma76, thomalex, thomash79, Toby brown, Yorksman

twitter.com 

What is telling there is how big an audience there is for signed/accessible content.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, cando, chrisherald, Jeff, Ma76, Stuart

(06-05-2023, 09:58 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  
(06-05-2023, 12:39 PM)mark Wrote:  They're definitely showing it. I saw the start of the coverage on NBC News Now at 10am UK time, and it's on right now.

I wonder if it was blocked here then?
It was still watchable on the NBC News website and anywhere that takes the feed from there, but the NBC News Now YouTube stream didn't start in the UK until 3pm when their coverage finished. 

It was the same for CBS - no YouTube stream in the UK, but still easily watchable here via the web feed. 

I didn't check whether ABC's YouTube stream was watchable in the UK yesterday, but all their coverage is there today. The actual network special starts 2 hours 58 minutes in. 

www.youtube.com 

ABC seemed to go to a bit more effort than the other US networks. I think they were the only ones to build a proper studio, which looked pretty good. 

Anyway, the NBC/CBS situation points to some kind of rights issue - although I've never known it to be the case for royal ceremonies in the past. Does anyone know more?
[-] The following 2 users Like mark's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Sounds like David Lowe has tinkered with the BBC Network theme as featured on the Coronation Live special on BBC One.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(07-05-2023, 12:49 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Sounds like David Lowe has tinkered with the BBC Network theme as featured on the Coronation Live special on BBC One.
That was previously used for Prince Harry’s wedding.
[-] The following 4 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Telefunken

(07-05-2023, 12:49 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Sounds like David Lowe has tinkered with the BBC Network theme as featured on the Coronation Live special on BBC One.
It sounds amazing, shows how versatile the theme package is, any successor theme needs to be as flexible as this.
[-] The following 2 users Like lepeterrr's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Bit of a breakdown on sky news at the moment