Coronation of King Charles III

In recent years I feel the concerts have been missing the fireworks and pomp and circumstance music at the end. It worked very well at the Diamond Jubilee, but I suppose these things need to be pitched to what they are representing - i.e. a Coronation is different to a Jubilee.

(08-05-2023, 10:05 PM)Alessi Wrote:  In recent years I feel the concerts have been missing the fireworks and pomp and circumstance music at the end. It worked very well at the Diamond Jubilee, but I suppose these things need to be pitched to what they are representing - i.e. a Coronation is different to a Jubilee.

There does seem a move away from using fireworks to using drones and lightshows, which are not only more friendly to local wildlife and pets but generally allow more creative opportunities too.

Here's NewscastStudio's summary of how the US networks covered the coronation.

www.newscaststudio.com 

twitter.com 

I don’t think Ofcom are interested in someone saying a controversial but valid opinion.

Newshound47 Wrote:twitter.com 
I don’t think Ofcom are interested in someone saying a controversial but valid opinion.

I think using the word 'terribly' was less than ideal

(10-05-2023, 06:31 PM)thomalex Wrote:  
Newshound47 Wrote:twitter.com 

I think using the word 'terribly' was less than ideal
Complete non story, really. Just LBC engaging in their usual clickbait. She’s not a journo or news presenter so I shouldn’t think the complaints will be upheld. Jon Snow said something very similar about a pro-Brexit rally and he was cleared by Ofcom.

LBC's online content is almost as bad as GB News when it comes to tabloid clickbait copy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Telefunken

(10-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 06:31 PM)thomalex Wrote:  I think using the word 'terribly' was less than ideal
Complete non story, really. Just LBC engaging in their usual clickbait. She’s not a journo or news presenter so I shouldn’t think the complaints will be upheld. Jon Snow said something very similar about a pro-Brexit rally and he was cleared by Ofcom.

It’s been in the Mirror and the Sun as well.

(10-05-2023, 07:55 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Complete non story, really. Just LBC engaging in their usual clickbait. She’s not a journo or news presenter so I shouldn’t think the complaints will be upheld. Jon Snow said something very similar about a pro-Brexit rally and he was cleared by Ofcom.

I rest my case.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • IanJRedman, Newshound47, Telefunken

(10-05-2023, 07:55 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Complete non story, really. Just LBC engaging in their usual clickbait. She’s not a journo or news presenter so I shouldn’t think the complaints will be upheld. Jon Snow said something very similar about a pro-Brexit rally and he was cleared by Ofcom.

"Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster" was a headline that The Sun used in the 1980s. And it turned out to be a fabrication (Mr Starr never ate any rodent apparently, and the only thing the story "ate" into was his out of work time). Another story The Sun ran a few years later (relating to a high profile football stadium disaster) also turned out to be full of false allegations splashed across the front page.

Some people might say its not fit to be used as toilet paper. Your mileage may vary.

LBC just thinks its being clever with that sort of stuff. Must be remembered clickbait is defined as " a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen ... online content, being typically deceptive, sensationalized, or otherwise misleading" - and the printed copies of red top tabloids have been doing this for years (even their online content is pretty much the same) - LBC are just playing catch up.