BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

One thing you don't get in B is the ability to correctly guess who is going to do the catwalk piece before they are handed to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Quantum+83

I wonder how they will cope at times like this when Studio E is decommissioned. Studio C is in use for the news channel at this time, so that leaves only Studio D, which BBC London would also need to use if B was experiencing issues. Not sure if Studio D is large enough for both of the programmes to share.
[-] The following 2 users Like James's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I'd imagine if they had to they'd use D and London would have pre-recorded heads. They are already used to hot swapping in the gallery so the only difference might be that they just say they are crossing to the nations and regions rather than linking via a screen.

At the very worst you might see the national presenter in a shot for London's top headline - given that the studio sharing isn't secret I can't see a problem.
[-] The following 4 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, James, Quantum+83

A few comments from a long time viewer of World.....

Are the weather bulletins affected by the cuts? 😁 European viewers to World feed via 19.2E haven't seen a regional (European) forecast, normally seen at the half hour, for several days, now. We currently get the African/Middle Eastern forecast, which I assume is not intentional, but another error?

Shame that a number of individuals have failed to appear since the merger, individuals that gave their 110% until the very end of World News: Karen Giannone, Geeta Guru-murthy, Martine Croxall - all still apparently employed but never on screen. I wonder what happens to those London-based staff that have been presenting Focus on Africa until it's recent move to Nairobi?

Overall, very disappointed with the World service, particularly with some of the UK news reporting that is very likely of no interest or relevance to a global audience. Shame we can't go back to the good old days of BBC World and The World Today with Donald MacCormick and Miki Marx. Now that WAS a long time ago.
[-] The following 3 users Like BlightyExPat's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(19-06-2023, 06:56 PM)James Wrote:  I wonder how they will cope at times like this when Studio E is decommissioned. Studio C is in use for the news channel at this time, so that leaves only Studio D, which BBC London would also need to use if B was experiencing issues. Not sure if Studio D is large enough for both of the programmes to share.
It does seem like, since the relaunch, Studio B has suffered from an abnormal number of faults significant enough for them to relocate. It's not been unheard of in the past, but it's been what at least monthly that at least one bulletin has had to move to another studio - I can't recall any previous studio with that frequency of unscheduled periods of being out of action. I guess, it might just be that because they can relocate so easily at the minute, they have a lower threshold for moving across, but it's certainly noteworthy.
[-] The following 13 users Like DTV's post:
  • AaronLancs, AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Frances, Ittr, James, Jayesyn, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(19-06-2023, 06:05 PM)ALV Wrote:  OMG AM I DREAMING? IS THIS 2022? GILL SANS? OLD DOG? TRUNDLE CAM?
[Image: 773a4709d0046246d3477f01429e940e.png]
[Image: e2805fe007a274ad3791406718962e3c.png]
[Image: 60820b3c1af5139d95dc92f6786fe09d.png]

The Six looks so compact now coming from E (and yes I know it’s a smaller studio). But I think I prefer it.
[-] The following 9 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, Newsroom, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, woodnorton

(19-06-2023, 09:04 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  The Six looks so compact now coming from E (and yes I know it’s a smaller studio). But I think I prefer it.

Agreed! Almost feels revolutionary seeing it back in action properly, not forgetting having to stomach the nonsense that is Studio C at the moment with its fixed shot!
[-] The following 7 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer, woodnorton

Is it just me or is the feed from the Commons regularly glitching/pixellating?

(19-06-2023, 09:33 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Is it just me or is the feed from the Commons regularly glitching/pixellating?

I haven’t noticed that. To give them credit when it’s due, I really like the way the UK feed seamlessly joined the Context at the end of the Commons debate.
[-] The following 5 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Moz, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(19-06-2023, 07:37 PM)BlightyExPat Wrote:  A few comments from a long time viewer of World.....

Are the weather bulletins affected by the cuts? 😁 European viewers to World feed via 19.2E haven't seen a regional (European) forecast, normally seen at the half hour, for several days, now. We currently get the African/Middle Eastern forecast, which I assume is not intentional, but another error?

Hey I'm so glad you've brought this up! I thought I was the only one with this issue...

The Europe HD feed I have access to used to have "EET, CET, GMT" on the promo trail boards:
[Image: bd1173b8a379b7cc10418378ef24ef9e.png]
However around two weeks ago I noticed my feed got switched to the Africa HD feed. The promo trail boards now show "EAT, CAT, GMT" instead. I thought this was just an issue with my provider since nobody else mentioned on this forum:
[Image: 9d9dd85041b3a65cd97dc00422b7666a.png]
Can anyone with access to the Europe feed confirm this? Did the BBC axe the Europe feed and replaced it with the Africa feed?
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell