BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Still in E for the Six, but they’ve updated to the Chameleon titles.

News at Six in Studio E as expected, but using the Reith / Chameleon short titles with no newsroom shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • oscillon

(20-06-2023, 05:37 PM)Krede Wrote:  deadline.com 

Now that this is public knowledge i bet it won't be too long before a climbdown happens and they are back on air very shortly.

The lighting in Studio E looks a little odd today - the background is darker and the presenter doesn't look as well lit as usual either.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrewF's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Nige, UTVLifer

Do we know how long Christian from the Context will be off. He had a bad back but has been very quiet on Twitter recently. Hope he is ok

That article says Nancy Kacungira is the only one hired as a presenter/reporter, so there are still 7 positions left.  I thought Sarah Campbell was another one since we've seen her both as a presenter and a reporter. Anyway, the process is taking ages....
[-] The following 11 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, House, News76, Quantum+83, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(20-06-2023, 06:57 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That article says Nancy Kacungira is the only one hired as a presenter/reporter, so there are still 7 positions left.  I thought Sarah Campbell was another one since we've seen her both as a presenter and a reporter. Anyway, the process is taking ages....
Which technically  makes it 2 positions left if all 5 presenters get their positions back-at least not if the BBC doesn't want an employment turbinal on it's hands.

And after that article, i'm sure that will give management the incentive to hurry things up a bit.

Are both Ben Brown and Jane Hill now officially network presenters?

(20-06-2023, 07:41 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Are both Ben Brown and Jane Hill now officially network presenters?
Yes. As is Reeta Chakrabarti (if I'm ever allowed to post this...)
[-] The following 6 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Newsroom, Rolling News

(20-06-2023, 07:41 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Are both Ben Brown and Jane Hill now officially network presenters?

Jane is, along with Clive and Reeta. I've not seen anything to say Ben is part of the network team.
[-] The following 4 users Like GMc's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Rolling News