BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(08-07-2023, 08:50 PM)Andrew Wrote:  But do you have knowledge that it actually aired?

Unless I imagined it, yes I was watching it at the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

(08-07-2023, 08:52 PM)dvboy Wrote:  Why wouldn't it have aired?

London's is on BBC iPlayer (although it's called Evening News)
www.bbc.co.uk 

The odd thing is that no other regions bulletins is on the iPlayer which is why I was asking

I was wondering if it might have been effected by the work to rule and London aired everywhere?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald

(08-07-2023, 09:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The odd thing is that no other regions bulletins is on the iPlayer which is why I was asking

I was wondering if it might have been effected by the work to rule and London aired everywhere?

Ah I see Big Grin

I can confirm that East Midlands Today definitely aired for one.

Look North Yorkshire was definitely on at lunchtime though it was listed as BBC London on the iPlayer stream. Presumably not many regions did broadcast if they decided to list it as BBC London across the board.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrewF's post:
  • chrisherald

(08-07-2023, 09:11 PM)DrewF Wrote:  Look North Yorkshire was definitely on at lunchtime though it was listed as BBC London on the iPlayer stream. Presumably not many regions did broadcast if they decided to list it as BBC London across the board.

Look East went out so I suspect it was just an EPG error. Only the nations bulletins appear on the Sky Catch Up. Perhaps the EPG error causes the regional bulletins to be missing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • chrisherald

BBC Schedules page finally incorporated the UK feed into the overall BBC News Channel (former World News) branch

[Image: bbc-schedule-uk.png]

Also, UK feed did a rarely now seen thing at 10pm: it carried on the shortened 5-minute bulletin along with the World feed, but after that (or may be even opting out of the last 2-3 minutes of the World bulletin, as there was no goodbye from the presenter) instead of showing 50 minutes long documentary (as per World feed, like a week ago), it went (missing the start of the music by some one second) into the headlines of a NETWORK WEEKEND BULLETIN (which quite conveniently started at 22:05).

[Image: BBC-NCUK-Sat-simulcast.png]
However, no headline lower thirds appeared on the News Channel feed, instead the regular red stripe and the flipper stayed all the way through the headlines.

After the bulletin concluded at 22:21, Rich Preston reappeared and filled in the rest of the half-hour - just like in the days of the proper UK News Channel.

Last time such simulcast happened on a Saturday was for big news about Wagner revolt, now it is because of the Sun accusations? Or may be they are starting to reverse back their policy and incorporate network bulletins when appropriate?
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83

I dread what's to come with this ''BBC presenter'' story that's about to blow up. It's already their top headline even though we know nothing.

(09-07-2023, 12:04 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I dread what's to come with this ''BBC presenter'' story that's about to blow up. It's already their top headline even though we know nothing.

Indeed - but at this stage, we don't even know if there's any truth to the allegations. The fact that the family seemingly hasn't responded to the BBC's attempts to contact them, and instead went to a newspaper, is certainly enough to raise an eyebrow.
[-] The following 16 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AIB01WB, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, DeMarkay, ginnyfan, Hadrien, Jayesyn, News76, Nobby, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

(09-07-2023, 12:04 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I dread what's to come with this ''BBC presenter'' story that's about to blow up. It's already their top headline even though we know nothing.

Quite. And since all we've got is largely speculation/allegations in the press, the topic is out of bounds here.

Strange to see Clive Myrie presenting on a Sunday lunchtime. It’s usually a random pulled out of a tombola.
[-] The following 9 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Frances, MLehon, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart