BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Is that Adam Boulton in Studio C with Christian Fraser? Wow. I never thought I’d see the day!
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • LTNewslover, Rolling News, UTVLifer

The idiotic switch to one-line lower-thirds is obviously here to stay -- but I would find it slightly more bearable if they were resized to better accommodate a single large line of text, instead of that text now floating on an oversized slab of flat, solid red. 

Something like this one-line layout from a Newsday news-in-brief summary seems a good solution to me:

ibb.co 

A reduction in size might even make the full-red lower-thirds just a tiny bit less horrid to look at.

(11-07-2023, 10:49 PM)Mjb Wrote:  From what I have seen, they show the generic pre-recorded one when the Newsnight headlines would be the same as 10pm news

Towards the end Sportsday seemed to use a generic teaser too on the 10.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(11-07-2023, 09:00 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Would like to see whether that skyline as a backdrop in Studio B would be an improvement.

I must admit I always thought that the glass front of broadcasting house as if from the inside would look good even if on one side say where the curved screen is as you’ve got the upper level which would match with the floors at the front of the building. It would also mean you could introduce the darker blue again as the front of the building is lit blue

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 5 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Moz, oscillon, UTVLifer

For the first time (at least for a long time) there is a breaking news strap on the News at Six, on a very shocking news about a BBC presenter’s resignation, which I don’t think is appropriate to discuss here…

EDIT: It has just been clarified on air the presenter in question haven’t resigned…
[-] The following 4 users Like ALV's post:
  • chrisherald, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

My God, it's all breaking now. Sophie fronting a historic 6!
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Sophie Raworth is doing a fantastic job tonight
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Nige, Quantum+83, Reith85, thePineapple

This is clearly not page 332 of a generic thread material!
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 06:06 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Sophie Raworth is doing a fantastic job tonight

It’s for her Chief Anchor showreel…

This is probably the first time we’ve had a proper news break at the start of the 6 in B?
[-] The following 2 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Meanwhile on World....

[Image: vlcsnap-00002.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Ste