BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

BBC World Singapore have been using that handheld walkie-talkie gadget for quite some time now. (Ever since the launch of the current studio).
[-] The following 6 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk

(27-07-2023, 01:53 PM)LDN Wrote:  twitter.com  

Another ringing endorsement for the newly-merged BBC News channel. 

Absolute sh!tshow.
I never quite liked Yalda in the studio in my opinion the way BBC used her as an anchor was a waste of talents. She’s much better in the field. If there was news and she could anchor from the field for that part of the show with a second one at London it would be great.
(30-07-2023, 08:57 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  BBC World Singapore have been using that handheld walkie-talkie gadget for quite some time now. (Ever since the launch of the current studio).
Its their hand held teleprompter.
[-] The following 2 users Like rkolsen's post:
  • neonemesis, Quantum+83

(29-07-2023, 09:10 AM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Indeed there is voice controlled prompting available 

www.autoscript.tv 

A few others as well where the software provides the "speed" in place of a controller to third party prompting kit

NBC’s DC stations WRC and WZDC (Telemundo) when they launched their new sets started using this. It they just left the remote control on the desk and eventually it was reliable that they didn’t carry it for stand ups.
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

I still don't understand why BBC Breakfast isn't extended until 10am on Sundays when Laura Kuenssberg is off air. It works on Saturdays. An hour of BBC News just seems out of place when there is no major breaking news to report, it's like an afterthought.

Even if not extended don't see why BBC1 feels the need to fill the hour with news. Guess MOTD reruns will fill the slot for a few weeks.

(29-07-2023, 10:09 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Given how small a lot of wireless technology is these days, they strike me as surprisingly large and bulky. Having an aerial on it like that seems very like a 90s mobile phone.

I realise that Pro kit in a studio is very different, but I've seen YouTubers using keyring sized devices to discretely control a prompter.

Surely a smaller unit that communicates with the hard wired controller at the desk wouldn't need such a huge aerial?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Quantum+83, Spencer

(30-07-2023, 10:17 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I realise that Pro kit in a studio is very different, but I've seen YouTubers using keyring sized devices to discretely control a prompter.

Surely a smaller unit that communicates with the hard wired controller at the desk wouldn't need such a huge aerial?

I’m reading the manual - the antenna has to be in line of site of all receivers. If they’re using the 433 MHz band (not used in the US) they have 100m range and in the 900 MHz the line of site is less than 50m.

www.autoscript.tv 
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

(30-07-2023, 09:48 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Even if not extended don't see why BBC1 feels the need to fill the hour with news.    Guess MOTD reruns will fill the slot for a few weeks.

I thought they might have made a special effort with it being on BBC One, but it was the usual World skewed slow agenda programme

At the start straight into a long winded down the line interview recorded earlier that drags on about 10 minutes
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • GMc, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Is this a new backdrop on newsday?

(30-07-2023, 11:29 PM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  Is this a new backdrop on newsday?

Not sure what you mean by ``this'' (no picture attached), but Newsday studio has a real-life window in addition to the array of monitors, and uses them both as a backdrop (monitors with cityscape -- in the earlier hours, window with real view -- in the later ones)
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • London Lite, Quantum+83, UTVLifer