(10-08-2023, 11:01 AM)Charles Wrote:  We've barely seen more than a handful of social media pictures of the new facility. They're still months away (according to Rosemary) from actually broadcasting from there. How could we possibly judge how it'll look on air? The 'decoration' elements (studios, sets, lighting, and other ornamentation) always come last when moving to a new building anyway.

Yes, it doesn't look like some giant, cavernous newsroom, but we already pretty much knew that would be the case. The Techwood campus is repurposed office space, whereas CNN Center was a repurposed indoor theme park. I'd rather work in a place that was designed to be an office with windows rather than some giant box with harsh artificial light and no windows.

This background has appeared on a DTL from Atlanta which I've never seen before. Could it be the newsroom? 

[Image: IMG_6287.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Thats the CNN International newsroom at CNN Center. You can see the old logo on the wall to the right.
[-] The following 5 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael 18, Newsroom, oscillon, xlalonce

Yup.  That’s the CNNI newsroom at CNN Center.
And to clarify, that’s the newsroom for the show teams. Newsgathering was in the main newsroom.  

Anchors/reporters are still broadcasting out of CNN Center for now.  Who knows when the Techwood studios will be ready. 

The newsrooms at Techwood look like the photos posted here already from Ralitsa.  And I’ve seen no indication that there’s a newsroom camera.
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • bkman1990, mouseboy33

(10-08-2023, 09:22 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Yup.  That’s the CNNI newsroom at CNN Center.
And to clarify, that’s the newsroom for the show teams.  Newsgathering was in the main newsroom.   

Anchors/reporters are still broadcasting out of CNN Center for now.  Who knows when the Techwood studios will be ready. 

The newsrooms at Techwood look like the photos posted here already from Ralitsa.  And I’ve seen no indication that there’s a newsroom camera.

How are the newsrooms at Techwood organized? I could see how they might want to have all the teams together on fewer floor plans, though on the other hand, I could see how there might not be much advantage to that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles's post:
  • xlalonce

This week’s coverage recap:

Victor Blackwell co-anchored CNN This Morning, anchoring a nice 7 days in a row.

Not to be outdone Rahel Solomon covered Early Start and CNN This Morning Weekend.

Laura Coates continues to helm the 10pm hour, with Sara Sidner taking the 11pm hour this week.

Omar Jimenez covered for Sara on News Central earlier in the week as well.

Curious to see who’s in the ES, CTM, 10p and 11p spots tomorrow. If it’s still in the rotation I’d expect to see Erica Hill, Abby Philip, and John Berman on air unless they’re starting to get serious around specific anchors.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(11-08-2023, 09:02 AM)Charles Wrote:  How are the newsrooms at Techwood organized? I could see how they might want to have all the teams together on fewer floor plans, though on the other hand, I could see how there might not be much advantage to that.

Well, I don’t want to get into too many specifics.  But it’s a heck of a lot less space.  

The entirety of the Techwood campus is perhaps equivalent to CNN Center (or maybe even more space overall).  BUT CNN only occupies a small fraction of that space.  

Most of CNN is in just ONE of Techwood’s buildings (of which there are 5 or 6…. Something like that).  

So in that building there are 2-3 floors of newsrooms.  It’s all pretty consolidated and every floor pretty much looks the same.  

That’s kind of a shame because different networks/departments had distinct looks at CNN Center.  

There also is relatively little CNN branding.  It feels pretty corporate, IMO.  But everything is shiny and new, so there’s that.

Maybe more character and branding will be added later.
[-] The following 2 users Like inletwindow's post:
  • Charles, mouseboy33

Unfortunately Hudson Yards is the same way. The on air spaces look fine, but the off camera areas look generic, particularly the CNN Business floor. I’m not sure how much of this is modern design choices and how much of it is because the moves aren’t CNN led upgrades, they’re corporate consolidations of office space. When you’re sharing a facility with other arms of your company it makes sense to keep things flexible and generic. Still holding out hope that the new studio includes an on air newsroom.

I do wonder how the overnight staffers will feel. At CNN Center you were in a large decorated newsroom becoming of a world class news organization. At least the daytime team can experience windows and the “liberal arts college” feel of the campus. Not sure what’s in it for the night team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • inletwindow

Schedule changes announced at CNN. Abby Phillip to 10pm and Laura Coates to 11pm. Abby Phillip will move to New York to presenter her new show whilst Laura will be based in Washington. Pamala Brown gets a daily 3pm-4pm show which reduces News Central in the afternoon to two hours and Phil on CNN This Morning permanently.

Kasie Hunt is the new anchor of Early Start whilst Victor Blackwell gets a new Saturday show at 8am, Chris Wallace gets a Saturday show at 10am whilst Amanpour also gets a new show on the same day at 11am. Manu Raju takes over Inside Politics Sunday.

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom, oscillon

Here’s the full release with details of weekend changes as well:

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com 

Interestingly, they are being back the NewsNight name which they had many years ago when Aaron Brown was with the network.
[-] The following 4 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, Newsroom

So it seems like the third editon of NewsCentral isnt happening. In fact the cut back the midday News Central. Wasnt expecting Pamela Brown to get a show. Im wonder if it will be yet another talking head roundtable show.