2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

ITV commentary overnight totally opposite in view and positions to the BBC pundits this morning in their reaction to the overnight match. For a commentary that was ITV exclusive it felt like a World Feed paid by Fifa.

From what I've heard, these two would be an improvement on a lot of the actual US coverage.

twitter.com 

(11-08-2023, 08:25 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  ITV commentary overnight totally opposite in view and positions to the BBC pundits this morning in their reaction to the overnight match. For a commentary that was ITV exclusive it felt like a World Feed paid by Fifa.

I watched the ITV coverage but not the BBC coverage, what was the issue/disagreements from the first game?

I know they've only had ITVX highlights throughout but quite surprised that ITV haven't scheduled highlights or even a full match replay for the semi-finals considering the BBC have the rights, especially as the daytime scheduling means there is more value than usual in a primetime screening.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Jon, RhysJR

(11-08-2023, 09:44 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I know they've only had ITVX highlights throughout but quite surprised that ITV haven't scheduled highlights or even a full match replay for the semi-finals considering the BBC have the rights, especially as the daytime scheduling means there is more value than usual in a primetime screening.
Especially as when they had rights to England men’s games, they’d show highlights about 45 minutes after they’d gone off air.

That must be a stipulation of the mens contract as C4 do the same - never really understood the point of that really when they have the live match. Can't imagine the ratings for them being that great.

With BBC One showing both semi-finals live, ITV 1 will air a highlights show at 22:45 on Wednesday night.

This is ITV's first linear highlights show of the tournament (each match has had highlights on ITV X). It makes sense to put effort for an England semi-final, partly surprised it's not at an earlier time to take advantage of some people missing the match live due to it being in the middle of the day.

Not sure why they all had to fly to Australia the bbc pundits were in front of a dark cloudy Sydney backdrop.

Presumably they'll be at the match tomorrow - they were in the wrong country for todays.

Katie Shanahan must be freelance as she is on Optus Sport as well in a similar role only with a Optus Sport mic.

The sound is noticeably ahead of the pictures on the coverage at the moment.