BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I think the main problem and why presenters keep leaving is having to scroll their own auto cue. It gives them less flexibility in how they can present.

(30-08-2023, 08:04 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I think the main problem and why presenters keep leaving is having to scroll their own auto cue. It gives them less flexibility in how they can present.
I'm sure they're more than capable of multi-tasking. I would have thought it gave them more control and flexibility.

I bet it's easier than the 'foot pedal' ones that have been used for many years.  I don't think they had a scroll back function if you'd slipped past the point you were at in the script or had wanted to quickly read ahead during a VT and go back.

I don't know how they work, so that was all probably just complete rubbish. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(30-08-2023, 08:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I'm sure they're more than capable of multi-tasking. I would have thought it gave them more control and flexibility.

I bet it's easier than the 'foot pedal' ones that have been used for many years.  I don't think they had a scroll back function if you'd slipped past the point you were at in the script or had wanted to quickly read ahead during a VT and go back.

I don't know how they work, so that was all probably just complete rubbish. Tongue
That was the alleged interview process and turned out the 5 chief presenters were able to multitask and the ones primarily from the news channel couldn’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(30-08-2023, 08:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I'm sure they're more than capable of multi-tasking. I would have thought it gave them more control and flexibility.

The foot pedals do have a button to make the autocue go in reverse to back up a bit. Someone in the control room should also have the ability to click on the story to queue up the script if the presenter is lost.

So this entire merger has turned out to be costly than what they we're trying to save-What a shambles and i can only hope this gets sorted out sooner rather later with loads of humble pie being eaten.
[-] The following 1 user Likes News76's post:
  • Nige

Some more frustration at running orders this AM:

x.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, ilsondan15, interestednovice, LDN, Roger Darthwell

(31-08-2023, 08:15 AM)News76 Wrote:  So this entire merger has turned out to be costly than what they we're trying to save-
This is not true. And, even if it were, that would only mean more cuts would be coming in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

Newswatch returns on Friday night with a new look:
twitter.com 

Given they're still not Reithed by July, we'll see how will it be updated/ruined...

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 6 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, thePineapple, xlalonce

So a forced studio move and bland concentric circles?
[-] The following 11 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, DeMarkay, fatal paper cut, ilsondan15, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Stuart, UTVLifer, W. Knight

(31-08-2023, 09:10 AM)leewilliams Wrote:  Some more frustration at running orders this AM:

x.com 

Although I have to think some of the blame here lies with the 5 Live team (or their strategy), honestly.  Irrespective of whether the programme is being broadcast on the News Channel and BBC Two, it makes no sense to me that on a busy morning of breaking news they insist on sticking with their hour-long phone-in topic. It’s not the model for how most 5 Live programmes work - Breakfast, Drive, Nihal etc. all adjust their running orders to covering significant/breaking stories - and it’s also not how LBC, where single-topic hours are common during the day, operates either.

And if you’re going to simulcast 5Live for an hour to get in an extra dose of UK ‘news’, surely simulcasting the first hour of Drive would make more sense?

ETA: Or simulcast PM on Radio 4 in that 5pm hour. At least then you’re broadcasting news-worthy interviews and analysis.
[-] The following 8 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, LDN, Nige, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer