CITV is to close

I'm watching CITV right now and they updated the ITVX Kids promo with a "CITV is closing" voiceover alongside the aforementioned edited ITVX promotion on the regular promos. Why did it take until the final day of broadcast for them to make it clear the channel's dying?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LouBlu08's post:
  • itvblocks

(01-09-2023, 05:03 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I'm watching CITV right now and they updated the ITVX Kids promo with a "CITV is closing" voiceover alongside the aforementioned edited ITVX promotion on the regular promos. Why did it take until the final day of broadcast for them to make it clear the channel's dying?
The cynic in me's response is: Oh its just for kids, they won't care. And frankly, that is how I feel that ITV felt about CITV Channel. They've not had a children's department in 20 years, CITV Channel has only ever been a provider of content.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Well, will you say the same thing when ITV Be closes in years to come?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

And so we enter the final 90 minutes of citv, still won't be surprised if they pull a tcc and show the usual back in the morning slide.

I bet tomorrow, it will just be itvx promos in the airtime, it'll probably be like that for 1 more month

CITV lives on!

twitter.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, lookoutwales, LouBlu08, Ma76, Rex, Roger Darthwell, thomash79, Tola, TVFan

CITV is currently trending on Twitter/X. media.discordapp.net 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like LouBlu08's post:
  • bkman1990, iheartpresentation, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

www.tvforum.co.uk 

From the same CITV Channel launch thread I shared here earlier today (this one is around when the channel launched)

(01-09-2023, 07:40 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  CITV is currently trending on Twitter/X.
Full of 30/40somethings reminiscing about programming that aired on CITV on ITV rather than the CITV Channel

(01-09-2023, 07:51 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Full of 30/40somethings reminiscing about programming that aired on CITV on ITV rather than the CITV Channel

The CITV brand as a whole is getting ditched.