BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

With Kylie leaving in September, I wonder who they'll go for to replace her? Will it be finally either Eli-Louise Wringe or Ellie Barker who have been Kylie's main cover over the last 10 years or an external hire?
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

Someone forgot to flip the switch to change the background lighting on Spotlight this evening.  We had the nice dark 'evening title sequence' at 22:25, but the daytime lighting behind the desk.

It doesn't matter. It's a lovely set. Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986, TJTSW

lets Hope the Spotlight set stays as it is for a while to come, they have such a great studio set up currently and the sofa area gets its fair share of use which is very useful
[-] The following 3 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, Superman1986

Kylie's last programme tonight was a nice send off for her mostly of things she did in the bristol region with the odd blooper with the plymouth background and maybe some seals from Cornwall, got to see some of the team from behind the scenes too , no news on whats shes doing next? will she being heading for the national news or is she giving that up too?

any news who will be taking over? or we all still in the dark about that?
[-] The following 2 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986

(28-09-2023, 06:43 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  any news who will be taking over? or we all still in the dark about that?

No news yet - applications closed a couple of days ago.
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986, TJTSW

On Politics South West this week they swapped the sofa and platform in the 'soft area' for some chairs on a rug, re-lit the background, put different images on the screens for a 45 minute special on water.

Someone needs to take a mop and bucket to that studio floor. That's the problem when you broadcast in full HD, we can see it all!  Tongue

However, there was a nice bit of AR with a 'virtual audience'.

[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, Spencer, Superman1986

The programme was extended to 45 minutes. It looks like they used a shorter edit of Homes Under the Hammer to get back on schedule. Did they do their own continuity or just play out the network ones (and arrange for a generic intro into the programme they were replacing?)
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

(15-10-2023, 07:30 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The programme was extended to 45 minutes. It looks like they used a shorter edit of Homes Under the Hammer to get back on schedule. Did they do their own continuity or just play out the network ones (and arrange for a generic intro into the programme they were replacing?)
BBC Plymouth don't have their own continuity, they just use pre-recorded ones which always sound to me as if they are made by network.

I wonder if that shorter edit of HUTH comes with a pre-recorded CA?

I noticed later in that edition of Politics South West that the reason why the Presenter had pinched the Floor Manager's comfy chair was because he needed to be able to turn to speak to a guest on one of the other screens.  It's such a nice set, and so flexible.

I'm still unsure about the reason for the massive collection of mobile phones on the coffee table.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, James, thePineapple, Toby brown

In other news today, on Spotlight this evening we've had a mixture of 14 minutes of standing news, then the rest from the sofa which they've put back in the soft area, and someone has also finally taken a mop to that studio floor.

Was it something I said? Tongue

Has someone run off with the desk from the other end of the studio, or was it there at lunchtime? 

(16-10-2023, 07:10 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Has someone run off with the desk from the other end of the studio, or was it there at lunchtime?

The desk was seen in the wide shot after the opening titles. Interesting how this evening's programme only used the sofa and a standing position by a screen.

Perhaps they're preparing themselves for the IKEA set where those will be the only presentation options they have. Wink

On another note, they seem to be lighting their sofa area in bright white now, rather than blue/purple. I much preferred how it was before, as the white looks quite cold.
[-] The following 2 users Like James's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer