BT rebranding consumer services to EE

(15-10-2023, 04:54 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Or go somewhere else entirely. Lyca, 1pMobile, Now Mobile and RWG are all good budget options if you need the EE network.

...Other brands are available  Wink

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • interestednovice

(15-10-2023, 04:27 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Thank you that mades sense.

They should really add a message, at the moment it displays a message intended for staff stating to tell the customer to wait until their contract window opens, I had to go and ask them.  Big Grin

So you cannot order BT broadband for your home now?
You can still order BT Broadband (fixed line), and also home phone, but can’t order mobile products from BT any more. Advertising is also now behind the EE brand so the group would “prefer” you to be an EE customer for broadband and home phone too.

BT Consumer is now a “legacy” offering.

As others have said, other providers (including MVNOs using the EE network, if you need that for coverage) are available! I should have said that before, but was just setting things out how BT would see it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Former Member 237

(15-10-2023, 04:54 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Or go somewhere else entirely. Lyca, 1pMobile, Now Mobile and RWG are all good budget options if you need the EE network.

Lyca might be one to avoid, however.

www.ispreview.co.uk 

Some MVNOs also don't have the full range of features, especially 4G and WiFi calling, though 1pmobile certainly has both
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • interestednovice

There's still reports of porting problems for Lyca customers fleeing the MVNO although EE are now providing the porting service on behalf of Lyca until they get their systems back in place.

I'm moving to 1pMobile in the next few days depending on the post from O2, so fingers crossed the porting there is normal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice

This article, out today, has some pertinent details about the rebrand/refocus from BT to EE.

www.ispreview.co.uk 

Good lord, that is some expensive broadband.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • interestednovice

I had a marketing text from EE this afternoon promoting that ‘New EE’ is coming on 20th October, with this link…

landing.ee.co.uk 

Not sure if it’s anything significant, or if there’s a hint to an updated logo/branding.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • interestednovice

(18-10-2023, 04:39 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I had a marketing text from EE this afternoon promoting that ‘New EE’ is coming on 20th October, with this link…

landing.ee.co.uk 

Not sure if it’s anything significant, or if there’s a hint to an updated logo/branding.

That is the new green they are using, I believe.

It’s not quite as bright as EE’s old colour palette, and arguably looks a bit more professional as a result, but is also very much evolution rather than revolution as they don’t want existing EE customers to notice much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Spencer

(18-10-2023, 04:15 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Good lord, that is some expensive broadband.

I suppose the key difference is that BT (EE?) tries to be a solvent company, a concept that some of the loss leading altnets don't seem to have grasped yet. 

It's not dramatically more expensive than their gigabit - and presumably they think those who must have the best will pay for it.

They have updated the site now to explain how BT mobile customers can upgrade. I guess consumer BT mobile is dead. 😵