BBC/ITV East News

youtu.be 

Don’t think the font for the ‘ONE’ is quite right.
[-] The following 8 users Like RDJ's post:
  • chaose, RhysJR, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, TVHead, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Their temporary gallery location appears to be a local radio area by the looks of the wall above the monitor stack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Superman1986

(29-10-2023, 09:50 PM)Mike Wrote:  Their temporary gallery location appears to be a local radio area by the looks of the wall above the monitor stack.

I don’t think it is. I could be wrong. The local radio area overlooks the atrium of the forum. The links a photo on flicker. on the first floor you can see the two radio studios and in the middle is the radio “control” area (I can’t think of the name at the moment). There wouldn’t be a huge amount of space. I wonder if they’re in the news room. I believe the top level is the BBC’s too. Memory is a bit rusty as haven’t been into Norwich since 2018

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

90s era hi-viz on Look East tonight.

[Image: 10_30%20-%2018_30_00%20-%20Look%20East_%...19_594.jpg]
[-] The following 11 users Like London Lite's post:
  • arbrax, bkman1990, interestednovice, John, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, Superman1986, TVFan, UTVLifer, watchingtv, Will

Ian Barmer leaves BBC Look East after 33 years.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes watchingtv's post:
  • interestednovice

(04-11-2023, 10:58 AM)watchingtv Wrote:  Ian Barmer leaves BBC Look East after 33 years.

x.com 

It does leave me concerned how much experience is leaving the regions in a very short space of time. I know cuts and less experienced people are cheaper but I do worry it’s going to come back and bite them in the bum

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

Does the tech upgrade result in there no longer bring a dedicated sound engineer in the gallery. It feels like since it was completed there have been regular odd sound issues. Nothing major but it just feels less polished.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Superman1986

Technical facilities are being upgraded at Look East HQ again this weekend and will come from London according to Andrew Sinclair tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • watchingtv

(01-12-2023, 10:50 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Technical facilities are being upgraded at Look East HQ again this weekend and will come from London according to Andrew Sinclair tonight
If I recall correctly the new HD tech equipment has been in a temporary location, with the old gallery being stripped out. Presumably this weekend they're moving the HD equipment from its temporary location into the main gallery.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(02-12-2023, 10:20 AM)Keith Wrote:  If I recall correctly the new HD tech equipment has been in a temporary location, with the old gallery being stripped out. Presumably this weekend they're moving the HD equipment from its temporary location into the main gallery.

Yes, the gallery itself has had new carpet, a lick of paint, and the old desks and monitor stacks ripped out.

I think the sound side of things is going to remain, though Norwich appear to have been using video sources to play back music as opposed to the old school 'InstantReplay' they would've been allocated at launch (I assume the hard disk on that died at some point? They are IDE based).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Superman1986