The TV Gameshow Thread

(11-12-2023, 10:17 PM)rick Wrote:  I'm surprised that they went with that logo, especially as the 'f' in "of" is in lowercase, whilst every other letter is in capitals and it is really annoying my OCD!

I think its the official logo for the franchise the US version is the same.

Yeah, and the UK show was using it before it originally ended.
tvark.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Ma76

Hopefully they kept the UK theme tune as the US one is rotten.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • Ma76

Well, they can't use the current US opening titles as there's $ signs in them (they'd need to be edited to £ signs). Judging from the set design they're using the logo, but completely different titles. This is the current American branding, the ITVX Be On TV page used it as a placeholder (I'd post it directly but both IMG BBCode and PNG attachment uploads are apparently banned from the forum).
www.itv.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Ma76

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Unsurprising as it was a bog standard effort.

(12-12-2023, 12:58 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, and the UK show was using it before it originally ended.
tvark.org 

When watching those titles time and again. Was it ever recorded at a "Stage 11" for the Pat Sajak & Vanna White original at a Sony Pictures (Columbia / TriStar) studios?

Yes, the US original does indeed use sound stage 11 at Sony Pictures Studios. Stage 10 is Jeopardy!.
en.wikipedia.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • AaronLancs

Thanks for confirming that for me. Just that I also thought it was weird we were using the US titles also.

Wheel of Fortune confirmed for 6pm on Sat 6th Jan.

Will be against FA Cup on BBC One, I wonder if it will find itself up against Gladiators in following weeks.

Limitless Win at 8.30pm after Masked Singer.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Happy2001, Ma76

Gladiators up against WoF would make sense in terms of protecting it, in which case Pointless/Weakest Link would go up against Masked Singer.