BBC One Christmas 2023

(12-12-2023, 02:18 PM)Argyess Wrote:  Certainly not the norm, no.

The Christmas news safe ident got pulled last year due to it being a scene by a lake and there had been an incident of children who'd died after falling through ice.

I reckon that it's probably just a case of your region accidentally playing out a normal ident by mistake.

Happened the other night in the North West when they were leading into the News at Ten. I thought it might have been something to do with the news safe ident not being appropriate in case the current situation with the Israel/Gaza conflict got worse, but on most nights they have used the news safe tree ident to lead into the late bulletins.

I've also noticed they've started using this "Press Red for Ultra HD" sting before certain programmes that plays after the ident.
www.tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76, Spencer

BBC One showing Ricky & Ralf's Very Northern Road Trip from UKTV this week, originally shown on Gold. Don't think I've seen UKTV programmes syndicated on the BBC before.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, insert_good_username_here

BBC2 definitely showed Rock Profile and The Mitchell and Webb Situation in the 00s, so it's not the first.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Josh

(17-12-2023, 05:09 PM)Josh Wrote:  BBC One showing Ricky & Ralf's Very Northern Road Trip from UKTV this week, originally shown on Gold. Don't think I've seen UKTV programmes syndicated on the BBC before.

Not surprising, since BBC Studios owns Gold.

(17-12-2023, 05:25 PM)James2001 Wrote:  BBC2 definitely showed Rock Profile and The Mitchell and Webb Situation in the 00s, so it's not the first.
Similarly, unless my memory is wrong one series of Argumental was shown on BBC Two, originally shown on Dave.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(17-12-2023, 08:12 PM)Keith Wrote:  Similarly, unless my memory is wrong one series of Argumental was shown on BBC Two, originally shown on Dave.

And we recently we've had The Cockfields & The Murder... series aired on BBC Two in the last few months.

(17-12-2023, 05:09 PM)Josh Wrote:  BBC One showing Ricky & Ralf's Very Northern Road Trip from UKTV this week, originally shown on Gold. Don't think I've seen UKTV programmes syndicated on the BBC before.

BBC2 showed Murder on the Blackpool Express, Death on the Tyne and Dial M for Middlesbrough back in July, all 3 of which were originally shown on Gold.

Wasn't there a couple at the start of Covid?

(12-12-2023, 11:54 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  I've also noticed they've started using this "Press Red for Ultra HD" sting before certain programmes that plays after the ident.
www.tvhome.co.uk 
I'll look out for that one.

I do wish some CAs and presenters (I'm looking at you Messrs Wilding & Norton) would learn how to pronounce the letter 'H'. There is no H in 'aitch'. Confused