Not a big fan of the new intro. Maybe I'm just a sticker for the old, but the 2014 (?) package still seemed fresh to this day. Not the biggest fan of the new Atlanta backdrops but the London set looks stunning with the new graphics.

Didn't catch the content but I'm sure it's as good as good old CNNI should be.

I just wish they brought back CNN Today/Your World Today!

CNN This Morning, much more conversational in nature, probably a good thing for US breakfast audiences(?). A real big change from New Day in the era directly preceding Keilar's arrival (with the overly dramatic voiceover and background theme) and the split presentation era between NYC and DC (who ever thought a duo in two separate cities could convey the same chemistry as one in the same studio!?). Hope it won't be permanently simulcast on CNNI.

Separately, Early Start could really use a new look and perhaps a proper intro. Christine Romans barely has enough time to sit down after the intro (which has been around since the days of Starting Point!).
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • EastCoast

(01-11-2022, 10:10 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Well the new look shows are great so far. I really do like the refresh to International Newsroom and it's a shame the US look cannot keep up with the times because International is how you do it. It's good that some elements of the old International look has been kept in the design and it blends in well with some of the refreshed bits. It still makes a fantastic look in the London Studio and I think Atlanta looks even better with it as well.

Presenting wise, Max and Bianca were as great together as you would expect them to be and from the bits I saw of CNN This Morning, I think the three of them are building a good chemistry just from the first show. I do like the temporary set so hopefully the theme we saw today is the theme we are going to see when they move to their permanent studio.

I'm not so sure why they launched the new  CNNI shows now of all times. US elections coming up next week so they're only going to be taken off the air again!
Any time someone in the US breaks wind, CNNI loses a show! I mean, the second CNN Newroom with Max was meant to launch months ago but never did and Your World Today disappeared altogether!
[-] The following 2 users Like gman's post:
  • Independent, Newsroom

Having watched the supercut of the first CNN This Morning and some of this morning's show, I have to say that this is probably the best temporary set I've ever seen.

It's easily good enough to be permanent, so I can only assume that the one they'll be moving into is going to be really incredible.

I'm a big fan of morning show sets having a 'morning' feel - as opposed to dark colours/bricks etc. So this one ticks all the boxes for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like mark's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, Newsroom

(02-11-2022, 11:47 AM)mark Wrote:  Having watched the supercut of the first CNN This Morning and some of this morning's show, I have to say that this is probably the best temporary set I've ever seen.

It's easily good enough to be permanent, so I can only assume that the one they'll be moving into is going to be really incredible.

I'm a big fan of morning show sets having a 'morning' feel - as opposed to dark colours/bricks etc. So this one ticks all the boxes for me.
Agreed on that, looks great as it is. 

EDIT: 'At This Hour' is now in a flash studio so construction may well have commenced on the new set.

On a different note, I am still puzzled as to what's going on in with the Newsroom studio.

Did anyone got a chance to screengrab the graphics during CNN Newsroom with Anna Coren? I'm curious if they used the same graphic package for HK as the London and Atlanta or if they simply used the live shot of Victoria Harbor

Max Foster and Bianca Nobilo were guests on CNN This Morning from a small sofa on the balcony level of the London studio
www.instagram.com 

(02-11-2022, 05:36 PM)channelmarsy Wrote:  Did anyone got a chance to screengrab the graphics during CNN Newsroom with Anna Coren? I'm curious if they used the same graphic package for HK as the London and Atlanta or if they simply used the live shot of Victoria Harbor

It was the usual HK live shot.

I have to say I'm not that fond of the dark blue, night time London skyline which makes no sense at all for morning/daytime broadcasts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast

Jake Tapper is moving back to anchor The Lead after the midterms.

thehill.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • EastCoast, Newsroom

Very early days of course and let's hope Chris Licht isn't as trigger happy as he was with CNN+

www.indiewire.com 

I don't Licht sounds like the type of guy that wants CNN to start chasing ratings and axe every show under the sun if it doesn't do well at first. There was a whole purpose of axing CNN+ as it stuck out like a sore thumb when the merger went through.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, Talkover