CBBC/Newsround Moving

I did also see 2 promos that used chroma key recently so I have a feeling that's what they'll be doing. Interestingly the second one I saw chroma keyed the presenter over a video of an empty HQ5 CBBC HQ set.

(03-01-2024, 12:18 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The only thing that's comfirmed is that they did one piece in front of the green screen in the CBeebies studio. It's certainly not confirmed how permanant that arrangement is.

Exactly this. They’ve always done sketches and skits using chroma key or backdrops in front of or away from the main space (even in the TVC/East Tower days) so this could well just be a small promo/sketch shoot. Until we actually see live (or new as live) continuity on screen we can’t be sure what their setup is.
[-] The following 3 users Like Flux's post:
  • Ma76, Steve in Pudsey, Stuart

And indeed I saw a green screen pre-rec. The presenter and prop were being chroma-keyed and it's sort of noticeable with fast movement. i.imgur.com 
Web Image

Doesn’t BBC Alba have a mini set up for their CBBC links? Too difficult to arrange to use that I guess?

You mean bussing the presenters to Scotland? Yeah, I think they'd see that as too much effort.

(03-01-2024, 08:37 PM)chadblake4785@gmail.com Wrote:  And indeed I saw a green screen pre-rec. The presenter and prop were being chroma-keyed and it's sort of noticeable with fast movement. i.imgur.com 

The use of the previous HQ set as a backdrop seems to indicate this is temporary. If they were moving to green screen permanently you’d expect new, custom made backdrops. I doubt they’re going back to that set (built in a new studio) but at least using that set as a backdrop means there’s consistency in the interim and presumably keeps the number of on screen changes minimal.

Or, of course, they just see no point introducing a whole new studio look since all in vision continuity is due to be phased out as the linear channel closes, meaning this is it for the last year or so.

What's the deal with the Blue Peter studio now - is that used for anything else?

Isn't that MOTD's green screen now?

The first link I saw today had the presenter step out of frame at the very end and we get to see the entire backdrop. Still not live unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) i.imgur.com 
Web Image

CBBC seems to have been airing some pre-recs with the backdrop swapped out for other locations. In fact, most of the links I've seen were chroma key studio links, and I only saw one physical studio link today.