BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(19-01-2024, 10:42 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I just came across “AI decided” on YouTube. As I don’t watch the context as the constant talking heads does my head in.

What on earth is the sting for it all about. Of course they’ve used the bit of music that’s used every where else but the graphics look like a PowerPoint title card. It has no connection to any bbc news branding (but at the moment there seems to be no consistent theme across any news). It’s not as if the branding filters down to a special lower thirds.

Also wouldn’t it make more sense for click to do this or is click gone too?

I think you mean "Artificial Intelligence Decoded", as that was what the segment was introduced as last night on The Context. BBC News branding right now is very hit and miss and this wasn't much different in that sense.

(19-01-2024, 03:16 PM)cityprod Wrote:  I think you mean "Artificial Intelligence Decoded", as that was what the segment was introduced as last night on The Context. BBC News branding right now is very hit and miss and this wasn't much different in that sense.
For context (heh), this is the segment from the guest contributor:
www.youtube.com 

To be fair, the gradient colours look like the new Microsoft Copilot, so I'm not sure if that's intentional. But the Gill Sans BBC News favicon a minute in? Criminal.

As a side note, they seem to have a full banner for the leading article on the website's AI section, with fading red gradients:

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • chrisherald

I understand presenting the News Channel can’t be easy these days, but Big Grin

x.com 

(19-01-2024, 03:16 PM)cityprod Wrote:  I think you mean "Artificial Intelligence Decoded", as that was what the segment was introduced as last night on The Context. BBC News branding right now is very hit and miss and this wasn't much different in that sense.

Have they edited the start of this clip for YouTube? He calls it AI Decoded to start in this one.

youtu.be 

Those context graphics on the screens in the background just look so cheap.

It’s gone from such a strong branding to very weak now

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 2 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald, woodnorton

(19-01-2024, 11:13 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  Have they edited the start of this clip for YouTube? He calls it AI Decoded to start in this one.

youtu.be 

Those context graphics on the screens in the background just look so cheap.

It’s gone from such a strong branding to very weak now
It’s the only programme from studio C with a backdrop of London but for no apparant reason and along with anything associated with the news channel makes no branding sense whatsoever. Network News, stuff from Salford and regional news seem a lot sharper with branding elements.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, xlalonce

A Red Weather Warning was issued by the Met Office - At the start of newsday, theres no mention of it, when it came time to show the story, theres absoloutely nothing on the updated warning other than a brief mention. All of what was shown on screen was outdated. And the BBC has the audacity to say in the reports they show that "they have the latest".

I get that theres little UK audiences at these times but when the Met Office says that there is a "Danger to Life" then the story should be top priority and the latest news should be given out.

I daresay a decent chunk of the “world” audience do also watch BBC News because they have friends & family in, or some connection to, the UK and have at least a passing interest in what’s going on in Britain. So major news such as that should get the bare minimum of a short “in-brief” mention, to make people aware.
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, Independent

The weather warning in the UK is clearly not newsworthy to international audiences. Even a brief mention is wrong near the TOTH. But Gary Lineker and ITV This Morning are very important to international audiences and require non-stop coverage.
I highly doubt people would find a brief mention of that weather warning as the first story problematic. What does the B in BBC stand for again? International viewers know what it stands for. Look at AJE. They're covering that war to the point where they're over doing it and are promoting Qatar as if it's a place where everyone is fascinated by. France 24 covers a lot of French stories (including wintry weather just a few days ago!). DW does a lot of Germany-centric features and documentaries.
[-] The following 7 users Like Independent's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Exactly, when you tune in to AJE you are not “surprised” to see a lot of stories about the Middle East and Gulf region; it’s not surprising to see a lot of US news on CNN, etc, etc.

Obviously the content from national broadcasters especially will cover stories from the origin country, viewers not only expect this but will, in many cases, actively seek it out.

For the BBC to ignore British news is quite bizarre.
[-] The following 10 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, Independent, itsrobert, Jayesyn, matthieu1221, SuperSajuuk, Transmission, UTVLifer

(22-01-2024, 05:00 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  Exactly, when you tune in to AJE you are not “surprised” to see a lot of stories about the Middle East and Gulf region; it’s not surprising to see a lot of US news on CNN, etc, etc.

Obviously the content from national broadcasters especially will cover stories from the origin country, viewers not only expect this but will, in many cases, actively seek it out.

For the BBC to ignore British news is quite bizarre.

That may seem to make sense, but it's not that long ago (well, before the slow merger of BBC World News & the News Channel) that you would see very little UK news on BBC World News.

In fact you would regularly see more UK news on CNN International than BBC World News. And vice versa when it comes to US News. Always seemed quite odd.