Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(05-11-2022, 12:20 PM)dbl Wrote:  I'm not even sure why Channel 4 still has a HD tag on their DOG. This isn't 2012 anymore and Sky has long since ditched that policy.

Channel 4 must still be only channel I can think of that has a separate DOG to differentiate the HD feed. BT Sport had one until recently. I don’t mind them using it, but this update has made the HD part too big and unnecessary.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

Is the +1 dog different as well? Didn’t really pay attention to it before but the +1 looks similar to the HD.

Yes, it has been changed to the same ridiculous size.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • AJB39, TVenthusiasm

[Image: C4%20plus%201.jpg]

It’s very puzzling - did they think it would be more visible on mobile streaming or something?

Which is dumb, as if you're watching on a small mobile phone screen, surely it's not HD?

(05-11-2022, 04:05 PM)orange Wrote:  It’s very puzzling - did they think it would be more visible on mobile streaming or something?

I thought the All4 streams were DOGless.

Does this qualify as a signature?

You’re right - then that makes it even more confusing of a decision. Don’t understand how that’s gone through a playtest without being changed.

I know most of the general audience won’t notice or care but it still feels clumsy for something that’s on screen almost 24/7 - there is literally no reason to be having the tags just floating there and full opacity.

I find it a bit disappointing if they’ve dropped the redrawn version of the 4 logo, I know it’s probably a subtle difference for most people but it makes the logo look less “heavy” for want of a better word, and looks better at reduced size.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • bkman1990, chaose, chevron

(02-11-2022, 05:43 PM)Jake Wrote:  Channel 4 *Genre* could definitely be possible from what their YouTube channels look like.

Hope that isn't the case. Imagine E4 into Channel 4 Comedy.  Confused
Thread Closed